The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

WTN: 2005 Teusner Joshua Barossa Valley Australia.

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Bob Ross

Rank

Wine guru

Sun Mar 26, 2006 10:39 pm

Franklin Lakes, NJ

WTN: 2005 Teusner Joshua Barossa Valley Australia.

by Bob Ross » Sun Jul 15, 2007 4:35 pm

WTN: 2005 Teusner Joshua Barossa Valley Australia. 14.5% alcohol; %65 Grenache, %25 Mataro and 10% Shiraz. $12 a glass at Endless Vines, Franklin Lakes.

Deep red color, deep hue, lovely forward aroma of red fruits and berries with some tobacco, chocolate and mineral notes, restrained tastes of cherries and other red fruits, some smoke and chocolate notes, firm tannins, long, complex finish. The wine seemed a bit disjointed to me, but there was absolutely no oak and the blend was very unusual for the Barossa. Promising but needs time I think. 3*+

Notes:

The winery plans to continue to bottle under cork, according to a couple of blogs. A lovely label.

Website: http://www.teusner.com.au/ Flashy, but not very informative on technical details. Neat aerial map of the winery and vineyards. Irritating block on a surfer's ability to copy text -- why would a commercial website do that? I would think wineries would like folks to duplicate and post their text -- it's an advertising medium after all.

Josh Reynolds/Tanzer: "Deep red. Expansive aromas of cassis, dried violet, tobacco and tapenade. A bit brighter in the mouth than on the nose, with the cherry preserve flavor that's focused and refreshing. Finishes juicy, bright and long, with a lingering cherry tone."