The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

Easily found wine from Anjou?

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Kyrstyn Kralovec

Rank

Wine guru

Mon Nov 20, 2006 3:50 pm

Washington DC, Oregon bound

Easily found wine from Anjou?

by Kyrstyn Kralovec » Tue Jul 31, 2007 1:06 pm

I've tasked one of my wine club members with finding a wine from Anjou for our next wine club gathering (A is for August and wines that come from places that start w/ the letter A). However, as I've begun searching my local stores online just in case she asks for some guidance, I'm noticing that there don't seem to be a whole lot out there. Rose is what I'm coming across mostly, but still nothing sold locally in DC. Does anyone have any suggestions?
I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. ~John Galt
no avatar
User

Florida Jim

Rank

Wine guru

Wed Mar 22, 2006 1:27 pm

St. Pete., FL & Sonoma, CA

Re: Easily found wine from Anjou?

by Florida Jim » Tue Jul 31, 2007 1:12 pm

K Story wrote:I've tasked one of my wine club members with finding a wine from Anjou for our next wine club gathering (A is for August and wines that come from places that start w/ the letter A). However, as I've begun searching my local stores online just in case she asks for some guidance, I'm noticing that there don't seem to be a whole lot out there. Rose is what I'm coming across mostly, but still nothing sold locally in DC. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Chambers Street Wines in NYC:
http://www.chambersstwines.com/
Jim Cowan
Cowan Cellars
no avatar
User

James Roscoe

Rank

Chat Prince

Wed Mar 22, 2006 6:43 pm

D.C. Metro Area - Maryland

by James Roscoe » Tue Jul 31, 2007 2:46 pm

Corridor in Laurel, MD sells an Anjou if my memory is correct. It's a Chenin slightly off-dry should run about $7- $8. You might try Total Wine in Virginia too. I have to admit, I would be shocked if you couldn't find one at Calvert-Woodley or MacArthurs.
Yes, and how many deaths will it take 'til he knows
That too many people have died?
The answer, my friend, is blowin' in the wind
The answer is blowin' in the wind.
no avatar
User

Kyrstyn Kralovec

Rank

Wine guru

by Kyrstyn Kralovec » Tue Jul 31, 2007 3:29 pm

Thanks guys. MacArthur does have one or two, and I'm pretty sure Calvert Woodley does too. The only problem is that the girl who chose this option (blindly I'll add, I didn't want everyone going for the easy picks like Australia & Alsace) doesn't live or work in DC, and she's not likely to trek too far to try and find this. However James - Total Wine may be an option for her, so I'll tell her to check there.
I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. ~John Galt
no avatar
User

Bob Parsons Alberta

Rank

aka Doris

Tue Mar 21, 2006 3:09 pm

by Bob Parsons Alberta » Tue Jul 31, 2007 4:24 pm

Calvert Woodley has the Pazo de Senorans Alberino which is great for those interested in the new upcoming Wine Focus. There are some CBs listed too.

Not getting much done today, was gonna give the horses some extra bathing time in this heat! Spending too much time here as well as the Chambers St website. LOL.
no avatar
User

Kyrstyn Kralovec

Rank

Wine guru

by Kyrstyn Kralovec » Tue Jul 31, 2007 5:03 pm

Bob Parsons Alberta. wrote:Calvert Woodley has the Pazo de Senorans Alberino which is great for those interested in the new upcoming Wine Focus. There are some CBs listed too.

Not getting much done today, was gonna give the horses some extra bathing time in this heat! Spending too much time here as well as the Chambers St website. LOL.

Thanks, Bob - haven't been over there in a few weeks so I'm due for a trip soon. Hope the horses aren't too sweaty - where exactly are you located that it's so hot? I just realized that I've always subconciously put the "Alberta" in your avatar down below your name and thought you were located in Alberta, Canada. :?
no avatar
User

James Roscoe

Rank

Chat Prince

Wed Mar 22, 2006 6:43 pm

D.C. Metro Area - Maryland

by James Roscoe » Tue Jul 31, 2007 5:13 pm

Alberta "hot" and DC hot are two different things K. Bob wouldn't know what to do on a day like today.

How are things on the Doris Ranch Bob? Looks like the Tempernillo didn't work out so well?
Yes, and how many deaths will it take 'til he knows
That too many people have died?
The answer, my friend, is blowin' in the wind
The answer is blowin' in the wind.
no avatar
User

Bob Parsons Alberta

Rank

aka Doris

Tue Mar 21, 2006 3:09 pm

by Bob Parsons Alberta » Tue Jul 31, 2007 9:42 pm

KS...I am in Alberta!! Was at Chambers via the website. It has been the hottest July on record here. Some days 33/35 degrees and dry heat mostly but have had some humid days too.

JR...very droll. Its all uphill from now buddy, Condado and Riscal for starters.
Things good here today but messing around here too much. Was supposed to be doing some butterfly research here and writing report!!