Founded by the late Daniel Rogov, welcoming foodies to discuss the dining scenes in Israel and abroad, along with all things related to kosher food.
User

Daniel Rogov

Rank

Resident Curmudgeon

Fri Jul 04, 2008 4:10 am

Tel Aviv, Israel

Culinary Poll #004: Sex and Sensuality

by Daniel Rogov » Fri Aug 08, 2008 3:56 pm

Jane Austin wrote about Pride and Prejudice. Perhaps it says something about me, but as noted in the title of this thread I prefer to think of sex and sensuality.

Wise men and women at least since the time of Herodotus and Homer have known that there are distinct connections between dining, sensuality and sex. I suppose that Neanderthal men and women also knew it. Leaving aphrodisiacs aside, what is the culinary item (a specific food or dish) that you associate most closely with sex?

Among examples of foods that have inspired well known figures through history – asparagus, sausages, mushrooms, leg of lamb (see, for example, Fielding's Tom Jones), chocolate, truffles, oysters (Cassanova is said to have eaten 50 every morning), caviar, pickled oysters (read the dairies of Samuel Pepys).

This is an open poll so that each participant can share their personal choice or choices. And of course, any comments or suggestions you might have.
User

P Arvela

Rank

Wine geek

Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:54 am

Re: Culinary Poll #004: Sex and Sensuality

by P Arvela » Fri Aug 08, 2008 6:13 pm

I agree with a book called "Best way to eat olives". The answer was from the bellybutton of your partner. I also enjoy to have some ancient manners eating grapes in the bathtub with someone I love.

I wonder if you have read the book from Willy Pasini: "Nourriture & Amour". In the introduction he states that French people are enjoying about 15 years at the table but only 10 hours having orgasm (average time is 8 seconds/orgasm).
User

Matilda L

Rank

Sparkling Red Riding Hood

Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:48 am

Adelaide, South Australia

by Matilda L » Sat Aug 09, 2008 1:20 am

Dark, cream centred chocolates. Specifically, Haigh's coffee creams.
See: http://haighschocolates.com.au/our_choc ... lates.html

Matilda
no avatar
User

Robert J.

Rank

Cowboy

Thu Nov 23, 2006 2:36 pm

Coming to a store near you.

by Robert J. » Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:13 pm

For me it is rare steak. This is because when I have this with a female dinner companion I can, for some reason, take a bite of steak and clearly imagine delicately chewing on an earlobe, nipple, or labia. A ribeye is, perhaps the sexiest cut of meat ever.

rwj
User

Robert Reynolds

Rank

1000th member!

Sat Jun 09, 2007 12:52 am

Sapulpa, OK

by Robert Reynolds » Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:42 pm

Robert J. wrote:For me it is rare steak. This is because when I have this with a female dinner companion I can, for some reason, take a bite of steak and clearly imagine delicately chewing on an earlobe, nipple, or labia. A ribeye is, perhaps the sexiest cut of meat ever.

rwj

As long as you don't imagine your Lady on the grill, Cowboy!
ΜΟΛ'ΩΝ ΛΑΒ'Ε
no avatar
User

Robert J.

Rank

Cowboy

by Robert J. » Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:14 am

Robert Reynolds wrote:
Robert J. wrote:For me it is rare steak. This is because when I have this with a female dinner companion I can, for some reason, take a bite of steak and clearly imagine delicately chewing on an earlobe, nipple, or labia. A ribeye is, perhaps the sexiest cut of meat ever.

rwj

As long as you don't imagine your Lady on the grill, Cowboy!

Hmmm...now you have me thinking. And that is NEVER a good idea.

rwj
User

Amy_Y_

Rank

Wine geek

Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:54 am

Turku, Funland Finland

by Amy_Y_ » Sun Aug 24, 2008 6:15 pm

Hmm...perhaps different, ripe berries and Indian yellow mangoes (eaten for breakfast in bed in a lazy morning and of course with champagne - needless to say that with someone special as well). A bit messy but.... :roll:
no avatar
User

Robert J.

Rank

Cowboy

by Robert J. » Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:09 pm

Amy_Y_ wrote: A bit messy but.... :roll:

This is why we are endowed with tongues. 8)

rwj