Founded by the late Daniel Rogov, welcoming foodies to discuss the dining scenes in Israel and abroad, along with all things related to kosher food.

How Do We Feel About Horsemeat and Donkey Meat?

I have eaten and thoroughly enjoyed either horsemeat and/or donkey meat
9%
I have eaten either horsemeat and/or donkey meat and felt rather neutral about the experience
18%
I have eaten either horsemeat and/or donkey meat and felt a mild disliking for it
No votes
I have eaten either horsemeat and/or donkey meat and felt a strong disliking for it
9%
I have eaten neither but if given the opportunity would gladly do so
5%
I have eaten neither but if given the opportunity might or might not try them
18%
I have eaten neither and if given the opportunity would reject it
41%

Total votes : 22
no avatar
User

Shel T

Rank

Durable Bon Vivant

Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:56 pm

20 miles from the nearest tsunami

Re: Culinary Poll #005: Horses and Donkeys On The Menu

by Shel T » Fri Sep 05, 2008 6:57 pm

Hi Daniel, your experience in Paris parallels mine. When I was resident in London in the 60s & 70s and made the hop over to Paris, horsemeat burgers were the 'order of the day', and still will eat horsmeat if available. Is it my imagination or is that option diminishing?
Don't know if you get the "Travel Channel" in Israel and the show I think is called "Bizarre Eats", (or something like that) featuring "andrew Zimmer", who on numerous programs has proved that he'll eat damn near anything whether it's still moving or not. That was until the program I just saw where he admitted defeat in Tai Wan with "stinky tofu", an item that kinda approaches a national dish...
He described it as something like rotten garbage & spoiled fish and couldn't get it past his gag reflex.
So tell us Daniel, is stinky tofu one of your fave dishes!
Nullum gratuitum prandium
Previous