Founded by the late Daniel Rogov, welcoming foodies to discuss the dining scenes in Israel and abroad, along with all things related to kosher food.

argan nut oil

no avatar
User

MarkC

Rank

Wine geek

Fri Jul 18, 2008 6:58 am

argan nut oil

by MarkC » Wed Sep 03, 2008 2:20 am

I found this treasure at the Herzliya Pituach branch of the Castel health food store. Argan trees exist only in a small corner of Morocco, and the oil has a delicious nutty, buttery flavor. A key ingredient in many Moroccan dishes. Until now I've only been able to obtain it on rare trips to London. Expensive at NIS120 per bottle, but worth it.
Good news for Israeli foodies!
no avatar
User

MarkC

Rank

Wine geek

Re: argan nut oil

by MarkC » Wed Sep 03, 2008 2:23 am

By the way, I don't know where on earth I got the nickname "cellar rat", which appears below my name. Daniel, could you possibly look into removing that?
User

Daniel Rogov

Rank

Resident Curmudgeon

Fri Jul 04, 2008 4:10 am

Tel Aviv, Israel

by Daniel Rogov » Wed Sep 03, 2008 3:31 am

MarK, Hi....

The "titles" given are done automatically by the program, depending on how many posts one has. After cellar rat, for example is "wine geek" and thenothers.

Fear not, for the entitlement of "cellar rat" is not a negative at all, referring to those who visit wineries, talk to winemakers, visit wine shops, attend tastings,take part in wine forums, etc.....

Best
Rogov
no avatar
User

MarkC

Rank

Wine geek

by MarkC » Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:17 am

Well in that case, I am honored.