Founded by the late Daniel Rogov, welcoming foodies to discuss the dining scenes in Israel and abroad, along with all things related to kosher food.

Ramsay in Hollywood

no avatar
User

Trevor F

Rank

Ultra geek

Sat Jul 19, 2008 12:48 pm

London

Ramsay in Hollywood

by Trevor F » Sun Sep 07, 2008 5:03 am

A wry look at Gordon Ramsay's new restaurant business in Hollywood. The first 2 paragraphs are especially amusing :

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_a ... 654260.ece
no avatar
User

Shel T

Rank

Durable Bon Vivant

Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:56 pm

20 miles from the nearest tsunami

Re: Ramsay in Hollywood

by Shel T » Sun Sep 07, 2008 3:21 pm

His resto at the London is getting better reviews from a slightly rocky start, that mainly being procedural and service. Haven't made it there yet, but expect to soon.
Re Ramsay & L.A., no doubt 'they' will adjust to each other in due time. Not everybody in the 'biz' is an uptight wine or food weenie, and they and the rest of the tofu brigade will have no impact on what Ramsay espouses to eat and drink and how much of each.
FYI, 'carnivore' restos and all other establishments with liquor licenses are doing splendidly thank you.
Re GR himself, many a foul-mouth Brit has arrived in 'lala-land' in the last few decades and we haven't fallen off into the ocean yet...
Nullum gratuitum prandium
User

Matilda L

Rank

Sparkling Red Riding Hood

Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:48 am

Adelaide, South Australia

by Matilda L » Tue Sep 09, 2008 2:20 am

Department stores in my part of the world have started stocking "Gordon Ramsay" branded crockery. I was looking for a new gravy boat the other day and came across it. When I saw the price of the gravy boat in the Gordon Ramsay range, I almost said the words he is so famous for.

Matilda
User

Bill Spohn

Rank

He put the 'bar' in 'barrister'

Tue Mar 21, 2006 8:31 pm

Vancouver BC

by Bill Spohn » Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:34 am

Matilda L wrote:Department stores in my part of the world have started stocking "Gordon Ramsay" branded crockery.

Is it shatterproof? :mrgreen: