Founded by the late Daniel Rogov, welcoming foodies to discuss the dining scenes in Israel and abroad, along with all things related to kosher food.
User

Daniel Rogov

Rank

Resident Curmudgeon

Fri Jul 04, 2008 4:10 am

Tel Aviv, Israel

Molecular Cuisine in Jerusalem. And Kosher!!! A World First

by Daniel Rogov » Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:15 pm

Will miracles never cease? What seems to be the world's first kosher meal based on the principles of molecular cuisine will be served on a one-time basis at Jerusalem's Canella restaurant (Rehov Shlomtzion HaMalcha 8) on Sunday 15 February.

Let it be known that I consider Canella a fine restaurant. Let it also be known that I consider molecular cuisine a joke in questionable taste. Don't misunderstand – I may be alone in this as restaurants such as The Fat Duck and El Bulli are all the rage and require reservations as much as a year in advance.

The cost of the meal will be NIS 250 per person. For details and to make reservations, phone the restaurant at 02 6222293
For those wanting my take on defining molecular cuisine and a review of several such non-kosher meals served earlier in Israel, see the piece at http://stratsplace.zeroforum.com/zerothread?id=14547 Despite my rather strong opinion, a chance for the kashrut observant to sample this "special" cuisine.

Good luck and Godspeed.

Best
Rogov