Founded by the late Daniel Rogov, welcoming foodies to discuss the dining scenes in Israel and abroad, along with all things related to kosher food.

Fat Duck f****d

no avatar
User

Trevor F

Rank

Ultra geek

Sat Jul 19, 2008 12:48 pm

London

Fat Duck f****d

by Trevor F » Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:14 pm

The Fat Duck has had to close temporarily after some customers were ill after eating there :

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_a ... 818300.ece
User

Daniel Rogov

Rank

Resident Curmudgeon

Fri Jul 04, 2008 4:10 am

Tel Aviv, Israel

Re: Fat Duck f****d

by Daniel Rogov » Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:35 pm

Because I consider molecular gastronomy to be the post-modern joke par excellence of the late 20th and early 21st centuries, I feel little sympathy for either Blumenthal or for his diners. I comfortably await the date when either Ferran Adria or Heston Blumenthal will, like St. Augustine, write their "confessions". If it is Adria who gets there first the book will surely sell for the equivalent of US$ 350 per copy.

Best
Rogov

P.S. to Trevor: Is it vaguely possible that the **** in your title stands for "ucke". "Ucke" on its own describes quite well my feelings towards this style of "cuisine".
no avatar
User

Trevor F

Rank

Ultra geek

Sat Jul 19, 2008 12:48 pm

London

Re: Fat Duck f****d

by Trevor F » Sat Feb 28, 2009 2:53 pm

Daniel Rogov wrote:P.S. to Trevor: Is it vaguely possible that the **** in your title stands for "ucke". "Ucke" on its own describes quite well my feelings towards this style of "cuisine".

No..... it stands for frigid. As in frigid.