Founded by the late Daniel Rogov, welcoming foodies to discuss the dining scenes in Israel and abroad, along with all things related to kosher food.

ladies who lunch

no avatar
User

Pat F

Rank

Just got here

Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:52 pm

ladies who lunch

by Pat F » Sun Apr 12, 2009 5:24 pm

Hi Daniel,can you or anyone recommend a restaurant near the Tel Aviv museum for a lunch.Food Art has closed,but I think it is still listed in the Haaretz restaurant guide.I could not find a review for the new restaurant Hadar Ochel that is now in the same location .

Thanks in advance
Pat F
User

Daniel Rogov

Rank

Resident Curmudgeon

Fri Jul 04, 2008 4:10 am

Tel Aviv, Israel

Re: ladies who lunch

by Daniel Rogov » Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:35 am

Pat, Hi.....

Welcome to the "new" forum. Delighted to see you again.

As to FoodArt, indeed now closed (and that it still appears in the guide in HaAretz is one of the reasons why critics sometimes want to strangle copy-editors) and Heder Ochail is in the same location with the same owners. My enthusiasm for Heder Ochail is limited (see my review at http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/1051680.html ) but a very short walk away is Lilith which I recommend highly. You can see that review at http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/1072279.html At Lilith be sure to make a reservation.

Best
Rogov
no avatar
User

Pat F

Rank

Just got here

Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:52 pm

Re: ladies who lunch

by Pat F » Fri Apr 17, 2009 4:04 pm

Hi Daniel,thanks for your suggestion,but Lillith didnt answer the phone all morning,so that option was off any possible list.Perhaps they closed for the passover holiday.We went in the end to the Hadar Ha Ochel,and because the day was quite warm,we sat outside on the balcony,and enjoyed our meal without too much noise to spoil our chatter. If I were to have any criticism,such as too small portions or that everything came to the table at the same time,I remember how inexpensive the meal was and shut up.
Thanks again for your help
PatF[b]
[/b]