Founded by the late Daniel Rogov, welcoming foodies to discuss the dining scenes in Israel and abroad, along with all things related to kosher food.
no avatar
User

Ari Miller

Rank

Cellar rat

Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:44 am

Life in Israel made possible with coffee and beer.

by Ari Miller » Fri May 22, 2009 12:49 pm

Recent clip of mine in The Jerusalem Post. It's pretty good.
http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?cid=1242212371070&pagename=JPost%2FJPArticle%2FShowFull

Cheers,
Ari
User

Daniel Rogov

Rank

Resident Curmudgeon

Fri Jul 04, 2008 4:10 am

Tel Aviv, Israel

Re: Life in Israel made possible with coffee and beer.

by Daniel Rogov » Fri May 22, 2009 1:09 pm

Mmmmm......"The Jerusalem Post".....indeed, somewhere I heard about that newspaper.*

A nice piece. Made me smile. And like you, I enjoy Cafe Sucar. Perhaps the best cafe macchiato in the city and several very pleasant waitresses.

Best
Rogov

*Just teasing......I actually wrote for the Post for quite a few years - in fact from 1977 until 1997, a large part of that time writing for both HaAretz and the J.Post. At that time writing for both was possible because HaAretz had not yet started its English language edition and there was no conflict of interest or readership. When HaAretz joined forces with the International Herald Tribune in 1997 I had no choice but to leave the Post. Some good memories, some not so good but no regrets.

One amusing story......at one time the Jerusalem Post had a relatively small staff of critics and featurs writers and, in order not to let readers think that only a dozen or so people were writing all of the articles, we all took on a collection of pseudonyms. Among my better ones at the time were David George (literary criticism, essays and op-ed pieces), David Louison (essays and op-ed) and T.W. Lapereau (culinary feature pieces). As to what "T.W. Lapereau" stands for, that, like my age is something I will share only with those women i know in the Biblical sense.
no avatar
User

Ari Miller

Rank

Cellar rat

Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:44 am

Re: Life in Israel made possible with coffee and beer.

by Ari Miller » Sun May 24, 2009 9:25 am

Yes, while under contract with the JPost I'll just say that you're not the only person to tease about the place.

I also write with a pseudonym, Ken McBride. Good to spread the hate garnered from left-wing realism around rather than have it all directed at just one address, namely me.

As for Sucar, I feel like their slogan could be, "Come for the coffee. Stay for the waitresses."

Ari