Founded by the late Daniel Rogov, welcoming foodies to discuss the dining scenes in Israel and abroad, along with all things related to kosher food.

The Height of Vulgarity

User

Daniel Rogov

Rank

Resident Curmudgeon

Fri Jul 04, 2008 4:10 am

Tel Aviv, Israel

The Height of Vulgarity

by Daniel Rogov » Sun Dec 26, 2010 4:29 pm

I am a person who detests vulgarity. I especially despise it when it is a show of what I consider nouveau riche vulgarity and now that the world's largest cruise ship has been commissioned, vulgarity has taken on an even greater dimension. See the article and a photo at http://www.travelandleisure.com/article ... f-outbrain

I will say, by the way, that I would rather gamble on surviving a nuclear attack than going on a cruse on this ship. All one man's opinion of course.....

Best
Rogov
User

P Arvela

Rank

Wine geek

Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:54 am

Re: The Height of Vulgarity

by P Arvela » Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:55 am

Hi Rogov and thanks for your opinion. Do not forget where these ships were built. You shoud try such a cruise once before you are making your opinion. I am sure they must have cozy winebars too where you can sip a vertical tasting, smoking a cigar and writing your articles without any stress. If I could chose between an atomic war or cruising tropical waters with such a ship I rather be a nouveau rich passanger. If you will get an invitation to try a trip, please let me be your stuntman.
no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 3:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

by Jenise » Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:42 am

Daniel, I'll join you on your dinghy anytime. No way for me on something like that, either.
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov
User

Matilda L

Rank

Sparkling Red Riding Hood

Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:48 am

Adelaide, South Australia

by Matilda L » Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:38 pm

I've said it many times, size ain't everything.

Speaking as a person who prefers to get out into the wild when it's holiday time, I would prefer not to sail about on a seagoing city.
no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 3:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

by Jenise » Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:27 am

Matilda L wrote:I've said it many times, size ain't everything.

I would say yes it is, or at least assert that size always matters. But sometimes in this life, often in fact, small is good and too big is horrible. And this would be an example of that. I see this one docks in Fort Lauderdale. Was just there and went over this major bridge when heading north out of the airport and there for what seemed like miles on each side was cruise ship docking. I was quite surprised, had no idea that such a thing existed. There must be a whole lot more cruise ships on the water than I ever wanted to realize. This one too could have been there for all I know but been indistinguishable from an office building, many of which there are built to look like cruise ships anyway.
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov