Founded by the late Daniel Rogov, welcoming foodies to discuss the dining scenes in Israel and abroad, along with all things related to kosher food.
User

Daniel Rogov

Rank

Resident Curmudgeon

Fri Jul 04, 2008 4:10 am

Tel Aviv, Israel

Eggs - No Longer the Scapegoat!!!!

by Daniel Rogov » Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:10 am

For many years now, the humble but magnificent egg has been the target of all who fear LDL cholesterol. The poor egg became a major culprit in our battle to live the good and low cholesterol life.

Somehow I never bought into this argument and for a good many years I have stood outside the madding crowd when it comes to the question of eggs and cholesterol. Considering eggs to be one of the mainstays of the rewarding culinary life, I have tried to point out that many of the charges laid against the efforts of the hens has been little more than an ill-informed brainwashing technique.

It seems that at long last medical research has come around to my non-medical point of view and it seems that eggs in fact do very little in the way of damage to our bodies and well-being. Glory be!!!

See the article in HaAretz (English) at
http://english.themarker.com/studies-sc ... h-1.358091

Best
Rogov
no avatar
User

Karen/NoCA

Rank

Hunter/Gatherer

Thu Mar 23, 2006 9:55 pm

Re: Eggs - No Longer the Scapegoat!!!!

by Karen/NoCA » Tue Apr 26, 2011 1:38 pm

Well, those of us who understood how farm chickens are fed by the farmer's we buy from have know all this for years and did not fall for all the brouhaha about eggs. We just kept eating and cooking with them and enjoying the benefits with a smile on our faces. :D
User

Robert Reynolds

Rank

1000th member!

Sat Jun 09, 2007 12:52 am

Sapulpa, OK

Re: Eggs - No Longer the Scapegoat!!!!

by Robert Reynolds » Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:36 pm

This is indeed good news!
ΜΟΛ'ΩΝ ΛΑΒ'Ε