This forum will be used as a read-only archive for older WTN posts and other archival material from The Wine Forum.
User

David M. Bueker

Rank

Riesling Guru

Thu Mar 23, 2006 12:52 pm

Connecticut

TN: 2003 Pride Cabernet Sauvignon Reserve

by David M. Bueker » Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:32 pm

50% from Napa & 50% from Sonoma
98% Cabernet with 2% Petit Verdot

Not shocking that it is completely primary. There's a lot of depth to the flavors though, but I would not serve it to the oak averse or someone who thinks Loire Cab Franc is as rich as red wine should get. :wink:

I am going to make sure my steak does not go past rare, and this should be a fine accompaniment.
There behind the glass lies a real blade of grass. Be careful as you pass. Move along. Move along.
no avatar
User

James Roscoe

Rank

Chat Prince

Wed Mar 22, 2006 7:43 pm

D.C. Metro Area - Maryland

Re: TN: 2003 Pride Cabernet Sauvignon Reserve

by James Roscoe » Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:40 pm

Why would you let your steak get past rare in any case? Sounds like a fine wine to me despite my preference for the Loire CF.
.....we here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain -- that this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom -- and that government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth. A. Lincoln
User

David M. Bueker

Rank

Riesling Guru

Thu Mar 23, 2006 12:52 pm

Connecticut

Re: TN: 2003 Pride Cabernet Sauvignon Reserve

by David M. Bueker » Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:43 pm

I like steak medium rare most of the time. Mostly because it ends up warmer in the center.
There behind the glass lies a real blade of grass. Be careful as you pass. Move along. Move along.