This forum will be used as a read-only archive for older WTN posts and other archival material from The Wine Forum.
User

Bill Spencer

Rank

Ultra geek

Wed Mar 22, 2006 2:03 pm

Yuma, Arizona

WTN: 2004 NO Sauvignon Blanc Lake County

by Bill Spencer » Wed Mar 22, 2006 5:31 pm

%^)

Tasted this at our local wine shop's weekly tasting ... as a "dyed in the wool" red wine lover, rarely buy a white but was so taken with this bought a couple bottles ... Kathleen is not a sauvignon blanc lover (likes her chardonnay) but gave me the "up eyebrows" look when she tasted this one ...

The back label didn't really tell me anything about who the actual winery was as the "NO" stands for no oak aging, no malolactic fermentation, and no cork (stelvin closure) ... cruised the web a bit looking for more winery information with no luck ... anyway ...

Pale straw in the glass ... surprisingly vicious legs ... ripe grapefruit and melon on the nose ... mouthfeel is clean, crisp, and dry ... grapefruit and ripe Mexican lime on the front palate ... faint honeydew and a bit of vanilla on the mid palate ... pleasantly "grassy" on the back palate ... and, wow, the finish just sorta went on and on ... at $8.49, more than I (not Kathleen) would pay for just about any white wine but the refreshing quaffiness of this white will make me go back to my wine shop and get down on my hands and knees to see if I can beg Mike for some kind of deal by the case ... when the 110 degree heat of July, August, and early September hit, THIS is something I could easily drink everyday and never get tired of ...

Clink !

%^)
Last edited by Bill Spencer on Tue Apr 25, 2006 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went !" - Anonymous

Napa is for auto parts, Paso is for wine !

Bill Spencer (Arizona Wine Lover)

Lemon Recipes - http://www.associatedcitrus.com/recipes.html
no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 3:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

Re: TN: 2004 NO Sauvignon Blanc Lake County

by Jenise » Wed Mar 22, 2006 5:38 pm

That sounds like my kind of Sauvignon Blanc, even with that suspiciously trolling name. Welcome to the new digs, btw.