Everything about food, from matching food and wine to recipes, techniques and trends.

Coming soon to a Costco near you

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

Coming soon to a Costco near you

by Jenise » Fri Aug 12, 2022 9:41 am

Wagyu beef! They've done a trial in a few spots around the country to great success and the plan to go nationwide has been approved by the BOD. Not sure what the schedule for implementation is, though.

Oh, and guess what our Costco is getting? A car wash! Will only be the 2nd in the nation. It's under construction now.
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov
no avatar
User

Karen/NoCA

Rank

Hunter/Gatherer

Thu Mar 23, 2006 8:55 pm

Re: Coming soon to a Costco near you

by Karen/NoCA » Sun Aug 14, 2022 12:58 pm

Great news for your community. Many years ago, our Costco bought a huge forested plot of land about three minutes away from our neighborhood. Finally, it is under construction, a huge store mind you with 30 gas pumps. Have not heard about the car wash however. It is just off of 1-5, and has a bunch of other businesses opening in the same complex. A round a bout was installed at the corner and is functioning beautifully. The company building it has done a stellar job of traffic control, neatness, and keeping the site clean and on time. 150,000 sq. ft. of shopping, and sad to say, I buy very little from them now. The project has been fun to watch. Between the fires and the huge developments near us, many forest land has come down. We are blessed to have a lot of gray squirrels in our yard, lots of birds feeding here, as well, and the coyotes, mountain lions and a few bear have been seen in backyards! Yikes! Because of the drought, many are looking for water. I have a bubbling water feature in a rock garden that is always loaded with birds, and the squirrels drink out of the pool. So far, none of the other creatures have visited us. Probably, too many dogs in the area. Oh, our store opens two days before Thanksgiving is what I was told by the wife of their product manager.