Everything about food, from matching food and wine to recipes, techniques and trends.
User

Robin Garr

Rank

Forum Janitor

Fri Feb 17, 2006 2:44 pm

Louisville, KY

Re: FLDG 'Classic' (link to)

by Robin Garr » Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:57 pm

No, wait, I'm wrong. :( The MySpeakersCorner page is gone. :( I guess we didn't get the word soon enough. The Internet Archive does seem to go to at least the first page of the old forum, though, but maybe only the first page? :cry:

https://web.archive.org/web/20101228044 ... phtml?fn=2
no avatar
User

Ted Richards

Rank

Ultra geek

Wed Aug 06, 2008 3:00 pm

Toronto, Canada

by Ted Richards » Tue Dec 20, 2016 1:13 pm

Robin Garr wrote:No, wait, I'm wrong. :( The MySpeakersCorner page is gone. :( I guess we didn't get the word soon enough. The Internet Archive does seem to go to at least the first page of the old forum, though, but maybe only the first page? :cry:

https://web.archive.org/web/20101228044 ... phtml?fn=2

The first, second and hundred-and-seventy-second pages are all there, so I think all the pages are there, it's just that the search mechanism doesn't seem to work any more. The search page does appear correctly, but it returns an error message when you try to search.
User

Robin Garr

Rank

Forum Janitor

Fri Feb 17, 2006 2:44 pm

Louisville, KY

by Robin Garr » Tue Dec 20, 2016 1:29 pm

Ted Richards wrote:The first, second and hundred-and-seventy-second pages are all there, so I think all the pages are there, it's just that the search mechanism doesn't seem to work any more. The search page does appear correctly, but it returns an error message when you try to search.

No, I poked around and tried to go to some recipes from different geological eras, and it's pretty clear that the Internet Archive puts up a random sample but doesn't drill all the way down to every message and reply. :(

I'm sorry, folks. It was a good eight-year run, but we've known all along that the old forum might someday fail. Frankly, I thought that would happen when the servers would no longer respond to the ancient code, but I guess we don't get to choose the specific manner of death. :cry: I hope most of you have saved your favorites. I've been using both Dropbox and Evernote as a quick-save backup for any text I want to keep, not just on the forum but everywhere, and I recommend both those approaches.
User

Jeff Grossman

Rank

That 'pumpkin' guy

Sat Mar 25, 2006 8:56 am

NYC

by Jeff Grossman » Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:19 am

So sad.
User

Mike Filigenzi

Rank

Known for his fashionable hair

Mon Mar 20, 2006 5:43 pm

Sacramento, CA

by Mike Filigenzi » Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:54 am

I used to enjoy randomly browsing through just to remember all of the folks who used to post. Good times.
"People who love to eat are always the best people"

- Julia Child
Previous