Everything about food, from matching food and wine to recipes, techniques and trends.

Now I know where everyone went!

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Linda R. (NC)

Rank

Wine guru

Sun Jul 09, 2006 4:09 pm

North Carolina

Now I know where everyone went!

by Linda R. (NC) » Mon Jul 10, 2006 3:24 pm

I was going through my bookmarked "food" sites looking for something new and interesting. I opened the "World of Creative Cookery" and saw a link to, of all things, the "Food Lovers' Discussion Group". I clicked, I liked what I saw, and signed up...again. Now I'll have to catch up on all that I missed. :)
no avatar
User

Mike Filigenzi

Rank

Known for his fashionable hair

Mon Mar 20, 2006 4:43 pm

Sacramento, CA

Re: Now I know where everyone went!

by Mike Filigenzi » Mon Jul 10, 2006 5:06 pm

Linda R. (NC) wrote:I was going through my bookmarked "food" sites looking for something new and interesting. I opened the "World of Creative Cookery" and saw a link to, of all things, the "Food Lovers' Discussion Group". I clicked, I liked what I saw, and signed up...again. Now I'll have to catch up on all that I missed. :)

Glad you made it back, Linda!! There's certainly still plenty of creative cookery going on over here.

Run across any good recipes lately?

Mike
"People who love to eat are always the best people"

- Julia Child
no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

by Jenise » Tue Jul 11, 2006 6:58 pm

Linda, there you are! Glad you were able to find us. We did contact everyone who had made the first move to Netscape, but a lot of the messages popped back and we couldn't figure out who was who.
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov
no avatar
User

ChefCarey

by ChefCarey » Thu Jul 13, 2006 7:10 am

Linda R. (NC) wrote:I was going through my bookmarked "food" sites looking for something new and interesting. I opened the "World of Creative Cookery" and saw a link to, of all things, the "Food Lovers' Discussion Group". I clicked, I liked what I saw, and signed up...again. Now I'll have to catch up on all that I missed. :)

I *hate* it when people know where I am!
no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

by Jenise » Thu Jul 13, 2006 12:28 pm

ChefCarey wrote:I *hate* it when people know where I am!

That's why they plagiarize your recipes. :)
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

Rank

Forum Janitor

Fri Feb 17, 2006 1:44 pm

Louisville, KY

by Robin Garr » Thu Jul 13, 2006 1:31 pm

Linda R. (NC) wrote:I clicked, I liked what I saw, and signed up...again. Now I'll have to catch up on all that I missed. :)

Welcome home, Linda!
no avatar
User

Linda R. (NC)

Rank

Wine guru

Sun Jul 09, 2006 4:09 pm

North Carolina

by Linda R. (NC) » Thu Jul 13, 2006 2:33 pm

Thanks to all for the re-welcome. I have collected some new recipes recently. Anyone who read my previous recipe posts know that I like to keep it short and simple. However, that doesn't mean that short on flavor. Two of my new favorites are two different versions of flank steak. One I marinate in chimichurri sauce (additional sauce served at the table), the other is served with an anchovy-garlic sauce. Both steaks are grilled and both are delicious.

Again, it's good to be back!