Everything about food, from matching food and wine to recipes, techniques and trends.

Things I love about Costco..

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Carrie L.

Rank

Golfball Gourmet

Thu Oct 12, 2006 8:12 am

Extreme Southwest & Extreme Northeast

Re: Things I love about Costco..

by Carrie L. » Tue Oct 31, 2006 12:53 pm

I have also been VERY impressed with that pork roast (rack of pork is what I'd call it). We couldn't believe how tender and juicy it was. Amazing.

And, wrcstl, that is just how we do our loin lamb chops, except we put a little garlic on them too. So good on the grill. I think my husband could eat those five nights a week. We also like the racks of lamb that they sell. Both are consistent items in our Rancho Mirage store.

A Costco is about to open in La Quinta. It's less than five minutes from our house. That could be a scary thing.
no avatar
User

bgbarcus

Rank

Wine geek

Sat Mar 25, 2006 12:25 am

by bgbarcus » Tue Oct 31, 2006 5:59 pm

Jenise wrote:Another thing, around Christmas last year they got this big cryo packs of whole pork ribs which they sold for like 2.99 a lb.

Our Costco had the same thing. We had already bought beef prime rib roasts for our Christmas dinner from the butcher and the meat budget was looking pretty grim so I let them pass. This year I'll make sure to watch for them and hope they are as good as you had last year. That could cut the cost of my Christmas dinner significantly.
no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

by Jenise » Tue Oct 31, 2006 6:31 pm

Brian, like you my Christmas was planned so I bought one anyway and kept it in the freezer where it languished until early August. I was afraid it was going to be 'off' but no way, it tasted like it came home from the butcher this morning. This year, I'll buy two!
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov
Previous