Everything about food, from matching food and wine to recipes, techniques and trends.

Breakfast did not suck this morning

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

Breakfast did not suck this morning

by Jenise » Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:10 pm

Lovely way to get my head around the day ahead.

IMG_4529.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov
no avatar
User

Karen/NoCA

Rank

Hunter/Gatherer

Thu Mar 23, 2006 8:55 pm

Re: Breakfast did not suck this morning

by Karen/NoCA » Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:25 pm

Jenise, living that close to the water, do you get much wind? How about corrosion from the salt air on your house or outdoor stuff such as grills, etc. When we lived in Eureka, just a few blocks from Humboldt Bay, that was a problem. My folks lived in Cambria, so close to the ocean that is kept us awake at night. They did not have any problems but folks who lived just a few blocks closer had a terrible maintenance issue, especially with windows.
Your views are to be envied, as I sit here looking outside at birds fighting for space at the water fountain just outside my bedroom window. It is 107°. Expected to climb to 110° by Saturday. Enjoy your coolness! :(
no avatar
User

Christina Georgina

Rank

Wisconsin Wondercook

Wed Mar 22, 2006 3:37 pm

by Christina Georgina » Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:01 pm

I feel the ease. Lovely !
Mamma Mia !
no avatar
User

Doug Surplus

Rank

Wine guru

Wed Mar 22, 2006 10:17 am

Phoenix AZ

by Doug Surplus » Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:34 pm

Breakfast would never suck with a view like that!
Doug

If God didn't want me to eat animals, why did He make them out of meat?
no avatar
User

Carrie L.

Rank

Golfball Gourmet

Thu Oct 12, 2006 8:12 am

Extreme Southwest & Extreme Northeast

by Carrie L. » Fri Aug 10, 2012 7:49 am

Aaaahhhhhh. Absolutely gorgeous Jenise. I have to ask though...what is your breakfast? It looks to me like a delicious stack of Tollhouse Cookies, but I know better than that!
Hello. My name is Carrie, and I...I....still like oaked Chardonnay. (Please don't judge.)
no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

by Jenise » Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:45 am

Carrie L. wrote:Aaaahhhhhh. Absolutely gorgeous Jenise. I have to ask though...what is your breakfast? It looks to me like a delicious stack of Tollhouse Cookies, but I know better than that!

You were right, tollhouse cookies. These were made with Ghirardelli's 70% cocoa chips and walnuts. I'm not much of a sweet eater but I used less sugar in these than most recipes call for, and they make a good morning tea biscuit. Tea+cookies works for me, btw, but somehow not coffee. It was just a way of putting something in my tummy, and I plated enough for Bob to share as he would join me shortly. But my post wasn't about the cookies, just the serenity of that view and a warm, sunny, still morning without another human in sight.
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov
no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

by Jenise » Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:51 am

Karen/NoCA wrote:Jenise, living that close to the water, do you get much wind? How about corrosion from the salt air on your house or outdoor stuff such as grills, etc. When we lived in Eureka, just a few blocks from Humboldt Bay, that was a problem. My folks lived in Cambria, so close to the ocean that is kept us awake at night. They did not have any problems but folks who lived just a few blocks closer had a terrible maintenance issue, especially with windows.
Your views are to be envied, as I sit here looking outside at birds fighting for space at the water fountain just outside my bedroom window. It is 107°. Expected to climb to 110° by Saturday. Enjoy your coolness! :(

First of all, 107 is beyond awful. I moved here to get away from temps like that, much as I might trade places with you in a few months. But yes, a lot of wind. our house is south facing and the storms that come here in winter are usually blowing straight north, so we get whammed. In the summer of course the wind's gentler, blowing cool air into the house on hot days better than any air conditioner could do. So corrosion is a serious issue but had the same problem in Huntington Beach and we are used to dealing with it. Certain things will rot faster here, but it's worth it.
no avatar
User

Carrie L.

Rank

Golfball Gourmet

Thu Oct 12, 2006 8:12 am

Extreme Southwest & Extreme Northeast

by Carrie L. » Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:02 pm

Jenise wrote:
Carrie L. wrote:Aaaahhhhhh. Absolutely gorgeous Jenise. I have to ask though...what is your breakfast? It looks to me like a delicious stack of Tollhouse Cookies, but I know better than that!

You were right, tollhouse cookies. These were made with Ghirardelli's 70% cocoa chips and walnuts. I'm not much of a sweet eater but I used less sugar in these than most recipes call for, and they make a good morning tea biscuit. Tea+cookies works for me, btw, but somehow not coffee. It was just a way of putting something in my tummy, and I plated enough for Bob to share as he would join me shortly. But my post wasn't about the cookies, just the serenity of that view and a warm, sunny, still morning without another human in sight.

I honestly can't think of anything I'd rather have for breakfast. That stack would be perfect for me alone. It wouldn't be enough to share.
Hello. My name is Carrie, and I...I....still like oaked Chardonnay. (Please don't judge.)
no avatar
User

Shaji M

Rank

Wine guru

Thu Apr 05, 2007 3:24 pm

by Shaji M » Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:05 pm

Breakfash did not shuck here either!! :twisted:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.