Wednesday Chat

The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

Moderators: Jenise, David M. Bueker, Robin Garr

Wednesday Chat

Postby James Roscoe » Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:56 pm

Wednesday has arrived. I will be working this evening so you wil all have to behave without me. Please come to chat. For those of you who may have forgotten, chat gets started around 9:30 PM for those of us on the east coast, 8:30 PM for those of you in Chicago and 9:30 in other parts of fly over country. I guess that means 6:30 PM on the left coast. If my calculations are correct everyone in NZ needs to join us at 3:30 PM Thursday and Australia at 1:30 PM on Thursday afternoon for those in Sydney and eastern Oz. It will be an ungodly 3:30 AM in Israel and Helsinki, 2:30 AM in Paris, and Berlin, and 1:30 AM in London. Of course it is all worth the sleep deprivation. Come in early and see who is here. Don't be late!!!!! (I hope I have the time changes down.If not, let me know!)

The fun starts HERE!!!!
Last edited by James Roscoe on Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
.....we here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain -- that this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom -- and that government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth. A. Lincoln
James Roscoe
Chat Prince
 
Posts: 10484
Joined: Wed Mar 22, 2006 7:43 pm
Location: D.C. Metro Area - Maryland

Re: Wednesday Chat

Postby Bob Henrick » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:03 pm

UK is playing basketball this evening, and that means I will be pulling them through. After their last game, they need all the help they can get.
Bob Henrick
User avatar
Bob Henrick
Kamado Kommander
 
Posts: 3972
Joined: Thu Mar 23, 2006 8:35 pm
Location: Lexington, Ky.

Re: Wednesday Chat

Postby Redwinger » Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:38 am

Bob Henrick wrote:UK is playing basketball this evening, and that means I will be pulling them through. After their last game, they need all the help they can get.

Wish I would have known that The United Kingdom was playing.
Smile, it gives your face something to do!
Redwinger
Wine guru
 
Posts: 3947
Joined: Wed Mar 22, 2006 3:36 pm
Location: Way Down South In Indiana, USA

Re: Wednesday Chat

Postby David Lole » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:08 am

Redwinger wrote:
Bob Henrick wrote:UK is playing basketball this evening, and that means I will be pulling them through. After their last game, they need all the help they can get.

Wish I would have known that The United Kingdom was playing.


Most poms wouldn't know what a basketball was, Bill. Different story if you're talking cricket balls, soccer balls, rugby balls, tennis balls, golf balls or just balls full stop.

I once asked a surly Englishman what he thought of grid iron. And he quizzically replied, "Is that the protective stuff they put around power plants?" :roll:
Cheers,

David
David Lole
Wine guru
 
Posts: 1556
Joined: Thu Mar 23, 2006 4:49 am
Location: Canberra, Australia

Re: Wednesday Chat

Postby James Roscoe » Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:51 pm

David Lole wrote:
Redwinger wrote:
Bob Henrick wrote:UK is playing basketball this evening, and that means I will be pulling them through. After their last game, they need all the help they can get.

Wish I would have known that The United Kingdom was playing.


Most poms wouldn't know what a basketball was, Bill. Different story if you're talking cricket balls, soccer balls, rugby balls, tennis balls, golf balls or just balls full stop.

I once asked a surly Englishman what he thought of grid iron. And he quizzically replied, "Is that the protective stuff they put around power plants?" :roll:

Are you implying that the poms spend most of their time playing with their own balls? :roll:
.....we here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain -- that this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom -- and that government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth. A. Lincoln
James Roscoe
Chat Prince
 
Posts: 10484
Joined: Wed Mar 22, 2006 7:43 pm
Location: D.C. Metro Area - Maryland


Return to The Wine Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests