Everything about food, from matching food and wine to recipes, techniques and trends.

Food satire

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

User avatar
User

Mike Filigenzi

Rank

Known for his fashionable hair

Posts

7159

Joined

Mon Mar 20, 2006 5:43 pm

Location

Sacramento, CA

Food satire

by Mike Filigenzi » Sat Jul 13, 2013 3:34 pm

I was unfortunately unaware of Ruth Bourdain until reading this article. There's some pretty funny stuff there.
"People who love to eat are always the best people"

- Julia Child
no avatar
User

Jeff Grossman/NYC

Rank

That 'pumpkin' guy

Posts

2903

Joined

Sat Mar 25, 2006 8:56 am

Location

NYC

Re: Food satire

by Jeff Grossman/NYC » Sun Jul 14, 2013 1:49 am

I wasn't aware of him, either. I like this exchange:

GL: And your celebratory drink of choice?

RuBo: Have you had a Turduckennog? That's turkey eggs, chicken eggs, and duck eggs, blended with cream, milk, and nutmeg and spiked with rum, bourbon, and brandy. Delicious!


More here: http://www.gourmet.com/food/gourmetlive/2012/120512/ruth-bourdain-holiday-gift-guide
no avatar
User

Karen/NoCA

Rank

Hunter/Gatherer

Posts

5264

Joined

Thu Mar 23, 2006 9:55 pm

Re: Food satire

by Karen/NoCA » Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:38 am

Off topic but I find it interesting that lately I am seeing examples of men with names I thought were women's names, Ruth, and last night I met a male Sabrina, and one I heard last week but cannot recall what the name was, right now.
User avatar
User

Hoke

Rank

Achieving Wine Immortality

Posts

10641

Joined

Sat Apr 15, 2006 2:07 am

Location

Portland, OR

Re: Food satire

by Hoke » Sun Jul 14, 2013 12:47 pm

Jeff Grossman/NYC wrote:I wasn't aware of him, either. I like this exchange:

GL: And your celebratory drink of choice?

RuBo: Have you had a Turduckennog? That's turkey eggs, chicken eggs, and duck eggs, blended with cream, milk, and nutmeg and spiked with rum, bourbon, and brandy. Delicious!


More here: http://www.gourmet.com/food/gourmetlive/2012/120512/ruth-bourdain-holiday-gift-guide


So? Have you tried the recipe yet?
no avatar
User

Jeff Grossman/NYC

Rank

That 'pumpkin' guy

Posts

2903

Joined

Sat Mar 25, 2006 8:56 am

Location

NYC

Re: Food satire

by Jeff Grossman/NYC » Sun Jul 14, 2013 1:04 pm

Hoke wrote:
Jeff Grossman/NYC wrote:I wasn't aware of him, either. I like this exchange:

GL: And your celebratory drink of choice?

RuBo: Have you had a Turduckennog? That's turkey eggs, chicken eggs, and duck eggs, blended with cream, milk, and nutmeg and spiked with rum, bourbon, and brandy. Delicious!


More here: http://www.gourmet.com/food/gourmetlive/2012/120512/ruth-bourdain-holiday-gift-guide


So? Have you tried the recipe yet?


No. It's too much work fitting one egg inside the other before cracking.
User avatar
User

Peter May

Rank

Pinotage Advocate

Posts

2182

Joined

Mon Mar 20, 2006 12:24 pm

Location

Snorbens, England

Re: Food satire

by Peter May » Mon Jul 15, 2013 7:10 am

Karen/NoCA wrote:Off topic but I find it interesting that lately I am seeing examples of men with names I thought were women's names, Ruth, .


But this Ruth wasn't the mans name, it was supposed to be a woman.
no avatar
User

Frank Deis

Rank

Wine guru

Posts

2092

Joined

Fri Nov 09, 2007 1:20 pm

Location

NJ

Re: Food satire

by Frank Deis » Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:52 pm

The joke was that the attitudes were half Ruth Reichl and half Tony Bourdain. In fact the guy writing the tweets or blog was male, and he recently "came out" as the secret author.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

Powered by phpBB ® | phpBB3 Style by KomiDesign