Everything about food, from matching food and wine to recipes, techniques and trends.

Fancy stoves, and would you buy yours again?

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

Re: Fancy stoves, and would you buy yours again?

by Jenise » Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:11 pm

Ines Nyby wrote:
Jenise wrote:
Ines Nyby wrote:We have had no trouble at all with our 6 burner Viking Professional stove top. Approximately 7 years old.

Actually, I'd think closer to 12. You put that in well before we moved away, I think, and it will be 11 years this summer.

Yikes! Has it been that long. Well then, I guess my recco goes back a few more years then. The stovetop is still working splendidly. No issues at all. My biggest problem is where to keep all the cooking gear I can't seem to resist. The latest, a Staub Cocotte pot that I love, not that it's all that different from all the Le Creuset's I already have. One new thing comes in, something old has to go...

Yes, it definitely makes your recco even stronger. I had the identical stove top in Huntington Beach you might recall and loved it, too. Wish I liked my range as much!

Understood re all the storage room problem. I'm on the same program--not easy to do, though, after many years of good service!
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov
no avatar
User

MikeH

Rank

Wine guru

Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:07 pm

Cincinnati

Re: Fancy stoves, and would you buy yours again?

by MikeH » Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:30 pm

Jenise wrote:
Ines Nyby wrote:
Jenise wrote:Actually, I'd think closer to 12. You put that in well before we moved away, I think, and it will be 11 years this summer.

Yikes! Has it been that long. Well then, I guess my recco goes back a few more years then. The stovetop is still working splendidly. No issues at all. My biggest problem is where to keep all the cooking gear I can't seem to resist. The latest, a Staub Cocotte pot that I love, not that it's all that different from all the Le Creuset's I already have. One new thing comes in, something old has to go...

Yes, it definitely makes your recco even stronger. I had the identical stove top in Huntington Beach you might recall and loved it, too. Wish I liked my range as much!

Understood re all the storage room problem. I'm on the same program--not easy to do, though, after many years of good service!

Our local kitchen supply store has an answer to your storage problem. A couple of times per year they solicit customers to donate their unused pots, pans, gadgets, etc. and then turn them over to local charities. A nice win-win!
Cheers!
Mike
Previous