Everything about food, from matching food and wine to recipes, techniques and trends.

Outstanding in the Field

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

Outstanding in the Field

by Jenise » Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:52 pm

I just bought tickets to an Outstanding in the Field dinner. Could have chosen several places close to home, within a days' drive that is, but I went further: we're going to have to travel to a place we've never been before and I love that idea.

Here's a link to their 2014 schedule, tickets went on sale today. Actually, they were scheduled to go on sale yesterday but the server crashed due to 400% heavier traffic than expected. Anyway, check it out, maybe there's something fun happening near you!

http://www.outstandinginthefield.com/events/
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov
no avatar
User

Karen/NoCA

Rank

Hunter/Gatherer

Thu Mar 23, 2006 8:55 pm

Re: Outstanding in the Field

by Karen/NoCA » Fri Mar 21, 2014 2:01 pm

I've followed some of those events for a few years now....very interesting. They are very expensive but the work that goes onto them is major. Which one did you pick?

The fact that there was so much more traffic than expected is good news. Especially with gas prices going up.
no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

Re: Outstanding in the Field

by Jenise » Fri Mar 21, 2014 3:15 pm

Karen, I'll pm you my choice. Don't like advertising way head of time on the 'net when we're going to be out of town. I'm not at all security-cautious, should be more so, but I know this is smart practice so I try to do it. Then we can talk about it back here without naming the spot.
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov