Everything about food, from matching food and wine to recipes, techniques and trends.

When propane tanks go bad

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

When propane tanks go bad

by Jenise » Wed Jul 02, 2014 2:13 pm

Sad story:

A Massive Food Truck Explosion Injured 12 People in Philadelphia
By Hugh Merwin

Two propane tanks aboard the Feltonville, Pennsylvania-based La Parrillada Chapina truck exploded yesterday while its mother-daughter operators were working inside its kitchen. Olga Galdemez, 42, and Jaylin Landaverry, 17, suffered major burns and were listed in critical condition. Others who were injured included a man who had been sitting on a nearby porch, and a woman emerging from a nail salon down the street whose "whole back got sprayed with debris." Witnesses describe flames shooting hundreds of feet into the sky, and the four-foot propane tank was later recovered in a nearby yard, 150 feet from the truck. Philadelphia authorities are now working to establish the cause of the explosion. The resulting fireball was caught on tape by a camera outside a nearby business, which may prove to be of some help with their determination.
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov
no avatar
User

Paul Winalski

Rank

Wok Wielder

Wed Mar 22, 2006 9:16 pm

Merrimack, New Hampshire

Re: When propane tanks go bad

by Paul Winalski » Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:56 am

I like this video of a fire at a company that sells acetylene tanks to the welding business: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SyUVswUkEIA .

-Paul W.