Everything about food, from matching food and wine to recipes, techniques and trends.

Plenty More

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Joy Lindholm

Rank

Ultra geek

Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:41 am

Denver, CO

Plenty More

by Joy Lindholm » Sat Oct 18, 2014 11:33 am

Just got Ottolenghi's new Plenty More cookbook. Their Plenty and Jerusalem have been two of my favorite cookbooks over the last couple of years. I cannot wait to dive into the new one. We focus our cooking at home around vegetables, (with local, sustainable meats scattered here and there) as we have a massive urban farm in our backyard, and are always looking for new things to try with them. I love the Middle Eastern influence, especially in the Jerusalem recipes. It brings back so many taste memories for me, as I spent five weeks on the West Bank in 2005. Looking forward to cooking through this new book all fall/winter - will report back with recipe successes!
no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

Re: Plenty More

by Jenise » Sat Oct 18, 2014 12:23 pm

Will look forward to hearing about it! I myself have yet to get/read any of these books, but need to amend that. Everyone I know who has gotten into them has been as enthused as you are.
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov
no avatar
User

Frank Deis

Rank

Wine guru

Fri Nov 09, 2007 12:20 pm

NJ

Re: Plenty More

by Frank Deis » Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:49 pm

I have been fascinated both by Plenty and Jerusalem, and have cooked many recipes from both books. Just the other day I made a batch of okra with red peppers. There is such complexity in the flavor, one bite you might hit a coriander seed or a morsel of preserved lemon, another bite you might get some mint or cilantro. I just love those flavors! And especially in Jerusalem, I like the recipes where you roast an eggplant to a pulp and then use the pasty interior to make delicious things.

I will have to get a copy of Plenty More, for sure!