Everything about food, from matching food and wine to recipes, techniques and trends.

Let's talk chicken wings (again)

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Hoke

Rank

Achieving Wine Immortality

Sat Apr 15, 2006 1:07 am

Portland, OR

Let's talk chicken wings (again)

by Hoke » Mon Jan 05, 2015 12:53 am

Been seeing a lot of social media call-outs for chicken wings lately. Must be the season (although when is there not a season for chicken wings?).

Anyhoo, thought it might be time for people to step up and tell us about the best chicken wings.

For me, it's easy: my son took me to the Points East Pub off downtown Milwaukee, WI, That was it. Best I've had so far.

Runner up would have to be the Viet Nam style chicken wings with tamarind sauce at Pok Pok (PDX, but now there's one in New York that's pretty popular too---haven't been there.)

And your fave would be???????
no avatar
User

Dave R

Rank

On Time Out status

Sun Jan 27, 2008 3:07 pm

Re: Let's talk chicken wings (again)

by Dave R » Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:06 am

Good subject, Hoke. The best chicken wings I ever had were the ones my Dad made for us when we were little kids. I think the owner of the butcher shop even gave them to my Father for free to thank him for his business.

Second best were the chicken wings at a place WLDG luminary Mark Lipton said my girlfriend and I had to try between Saint Augustine and Daytona Beach Shores. He was right and they were fantastic. The wings were deep fried and then finished off on a grill.

I'm not surprised you liked the ones at Points East, Hoke.
no avatar
User

Howie Hart

Rank

The Hart of Buffalo

Thu Mar 23, 2006 4:13 pm

Niagara Falls, NY

Re: Let's talk chicken wings (again)

by Howie Hart » Mon Jan 05, 2015 6:37 am

Here's my answer: The Best Wings in Buffalo: Here's the Truth. I pretty much agree with the article, although I've never been to the Wales Center Hotel.
Chico - Hey! This Bottle is empty!
Groucho - That's because it's dry Champagne.