Everything about food, from matching food and wine to recipes, techniques and trends.

A little chardonnay with your Cheesy Gordito?

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

A little chardonnay with your Cheesy Gordito?

by Jenise » Fri Jun 05, 2015 12:44 pm

"A soon-to-open Taco Bell restaurant in Chicago’s Wicker Park neighborhood will offer a full beverage alcohol menu, the first location of the popular Mexican chain to do so in the United States. The new Taco Bell prototype, which is slated to open this summer, will serve beer, wine and spirits-enhanced slushy cocktails in a sleek urban space that highlights local artists.

Along with beer and wine, the fast food outlet will offer “mixed alcohol freezes.” The drinks will incorporate spirits into frozen drinks already featured on Taco Bell’s menu, like the Mountain Dew Baja Blast and Sangria Blast and the Starburst Strawberry. All drinks containing alcohol will be served in specially designed cups so that employees can easily distinguish them from soda and water, and employees will reportedly be trained using National Restaurant Association alcohol service guidelines."
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov
no avatar
User

Mike Filigenzi

Rank

Known for his fashionable hair

Mon Mar 20, 2006 4:43 pm

Sacramento, CA

Re: A little chardonnay with your Cheesy Gordito?

by Mike Filigenzi » Sat Jun 06, 2015 1:28 am

Just think of all of the people who will want food after a night of hard drinking, who will go to Taco Bell for the food, and who will drunkenly decide to get the Mountain Dew Baja Blast with their Triple Steak Burrito. Imagine being the poor schlub at Taco Bell who has to clean up the vomit.
"People who love to eat are always the best people"

- Julia Child
no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

Re: A little chardonnay with your Cheesy Gordito?

by Jenise » Sat Jun 06, 2015 8:36 am

It's just weird. Not at all on the same level as having wine at McDonalds in France, say.
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov