Everything about food, from matching food and wine to recipes, techniques and trends.

TODAY ONLY (6/23)

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Tom NJ

Rank

That awful Tom fellow

Fri Nov 20, 2009 9:06 pm

Northerm NJ, USA

TODAY ONLY (6/23)

by Tom NJ » Tue Jun 23, 2015 6:14 am

If you ever wanted a genuine ThermaPen - the real one, not the 2nd label ThermaPop - the good folks at Cooks Illustrated are offering a 24 hour sale as a promo with the company. You even get your choice of color, woo hoo.

Normally a hundred bucks, until midnight tonight you can get it for $77 at: http://www.thermoworks.com/specials/atk ... &tag=&atc= (not sure what shipping is).

I got a ThermaPop earlier this year and love it. The one on offer here is their top line model, and I'm sure most of you are familiar with it. If I was still in the market for a fast, accurate, and durable thermometer with colors to match my purse, this would be something I'd jump on.

And if you're reading this after Tuesday June 23....sorry. Snooze = Lose :cry:

Mr. Enabler
"He ordered as one to the Menu born...."
no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

Re: TODAY ONLY (6/23)

by Jenise » Tue Jun 23, 2015 1:47 pm

DEAL! Unfortunately, I got my battle-ship gray one 1-2 years ago. I presume they didn't have colors at the time (but can't be sure, as my husband purchased it for me as a gift). I love this thing! I had been going through thermometer after thermometer for several years (insisting on the pocket model instant-read because it was the cheffiest) and Bob finally had enough of me grousing so he bought this, which I admit I didn't want, and now wouldn't live without. I can be stubborn!
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov
no avatar
User

Tom NJ

Rank

That awful Tom fellow

Fri Nov 20, 2009 9:06 pm

Northerm NJ, USA

Re: TODAY ONLY (6/23)

by Tom NJ » Tue Jun 23, 2015 2:32 pm

Jenise wrote:...but can't be sure, as my husband purchased it for me as a gift.
Men! :roll:

Jenise wrote:I can be stubborn!
Women!! :twisted:

:wink:
"He ordered as one to the Menu born...."