Everything about food, from matching food and wine to recipes, techniques and trends.

Cool Kitchen Renovation

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

Cool Kitchen Renovation

by Jenise » Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:28 pm

My next door neighbors recently renovated their kitchen; the result's fabulous. The appliances are all Miele. What you see in this picture is the refrigerator only--a separate freezer, same size, is in a separate pantry room off to the side. I love how they filled that tiny space between the refrigerator and the right hand load-bearing wall with staves for holding drink-now wine bottles. It's safe, no heat comes off the refrigerator.

As indicated by the link, the cabinets are all custom. They used walnut and trimmed it with fir. And they juxtaposed two granites. The counters are a charcoal gray-black full of fossils. The island, well you can see it, is one of the prettiest pieces of granite I've ever seen.

http://www.westcoastmoderndesigns.com/work.html
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov
no avatar
User

Jeff Grossman

Rank

That 'pumpkin' guy

Sat Mar 25, 2006 7:56 am

NYC

Re: Cool Kitchen Renovation

by Jeff Grossman » Mon Feb 01, 2016 10:56 am

Very nice indeed. My only quibble is that I dislike glass cabinet doors - they rattle.