Everything about food, from matching food and wine to recipes, techniques and trends.

Brief Recipe Review: Cheeseburger Meatloaf

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Bill Spencer

Rank

Ultra geek

Wed Mar 22, 2006 1:03 pm

Yuma, Arizona

Brief Recipe Review: Cheeseburger Meatloaf

by Bill Spencer » Thu Jan 11, 2007 4:36 pm

GREAT recipe Jenise ! Almost reminded me of actually eating a cheeseburger ... I am NOT a meatloaf fan but told Kathleen she can make THIS anytime !

Two things, though ... noted the loaf was just a bit pink in the middle ... wonder if the total time should be extended and/or one of the times (first 30 minutes hot, second thirty minutes a bit cooler) changed ... our oven thermometer showed the temperatures were right on ...

Also thought the dressing on the lettuce/tomatoes was a bit tart ... wonder what you would think about Thousand Island/Russian/French dressing or something along those lines ... seems like it would make the final product more "cheeseburgery" ...

Again - WONDERFUL !
"If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went !" - Anonymous

Napa is for auto parts, Paso is for wine !

Bill Spencer (Arizona Wine Lover)

Lemon Recipes - http://www.associatedcitrus.com/recipes.html
no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

Re: Brief Recipe Review: Cheeseburger Meatloaf

by Jenise » Fri Jan 12, 2007 5:14 pm

Bill, thanks for trying my recipe! About the cooking times, ovens can differ. I put down exactly what I'd done the night before, but if yours needed more time, then make a note to cook it longer next time or use a meat thermometer and look for a temp of about 160 before you pull it out of the oven, then let it rest about ten minutes before serving. Re the dressing, use what you like. I should have thought to reccomend Thousand Island to those who like it (I don't), that would certainly be more typical burger to people who like their burgers dressed (I always command "hold the sauce"). But those issues aside, glad you liked it, especially if you don't usually like meatloaf!
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov
no avatar
User

FrancescoP

Rank

Wine geek

Sat Jan 06, 2007 3:47 am

Belgium

How to I find it?

by FrancescoP » Sat Jan 13, 2007 2:17 pm

I know I have a backlog on recipes (like the onions I was supposed to make tonite, but will be moved to next week) ... but this cheesemeatloaf seems really nice ...

Francesco
Ciao,
Francesco

Visit my site at http://www.thefoodtraveller.com