Everything about food, from matching food and wine to recipes, techniques and trends.

Some food pics from Spoleto, Umbria, Italy

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Robert J.

Rank

Wine guru

Thu Nov 23, 2006 1:36 pm

Coming to a store near you.

Re: Some food pics from Spoleto, Umbria, Italy

by Robert J. » Sun Jan 14, 2007 4:45 pm

Paulo, that all looks fantastic! I'm going to have an Italian dinner with my mom (homemade, not out) soon. I think that some copies of these may show up on the menu, especially the prunes.

I have been drinking Ch. Bonnet for a while now. I am glad to see that it is still inexpensive. I hope that it stays that way. Good stuff, that is.

rwj
no avatar
User

Paulo in Philly

Rank

Wine guru

Tue Mar 21, 2006 5:26 pm

Philadelphia, PA

by Paulo in Philly » Sun Jan 14, 2007 5:09 pm

Robert J. wrote:Paulo, that all looks fantastic! I'm going to have an Italian dinner with my mom (homemade, not out) soon. I think that some copies of these may show up on the menu, especially the prunes.

I have been drinking Ch. Bonnet for a while now. I am glad to see that it is still inexpensive. I hope that it stays that way. Good stuff, that is.

rwj

Thank you, Robert! Let us know how your dinner turns out!
no avatar
User

Ryan D

Rank

Ultra geek

Thu Jan 11, 2007 2:07 pm

Ringwood, NJ

by Ryan D » Mon Jan 15, 2007 12:28 pm

Yeah I meant caffe Poliziano. It was a little chilly to eat on the balcony [we went in November], but we were right next to the window so we had the effect, anyway.

Montepulciano was wonderful. We did three days there and three days in Rome and if/when we return to Italy we've made up our minds to stay in a small town like Montepulciano for the whole week.

I wasn't even experienced enough to call myself wine novice when we were there, so I can't even give any thoughts on the wine, only that I drank a lot of it and it was all wonderful. Drank mostly house wines since my wife wasn't drinking and it was available in 1/2 liters.

Can't wait to return. We stopped in Umbria on the way to Rome and will probably to that [including Assisi] when we return. Glad you're having a good time.
Previous