Everything about food, from matching food and wine to recipes, techniques and trends.

Tres Tragique! Pamela Anderson's restaurant closes

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

Tres Tragique! Pamela Anderson's restaurant closes

by Jenise » Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:17 pm

I know you were all dying to find out how this went. From Eater.com:

Très tragique: Actress and PETA activist Pamela Anderson’s short-lived career as a vegan restaurateur is over.

To recap this wild situation: Anderson recently partnered with French chef and inn owner Christophe Leroy to open a vegan pop-up restaurant in the southern French village of Ramatuelle. The actress extended a dinner invitation to French president Emmanuel Macron with the hope of convincing Macron to offer political asylum to her boyfriend, WikiLeaks head Julian Assange, who’s been living inside London’s Ecuadorian embassy since 2012.

It seems Macron hadn’t yet taken Anderson up on her invitation, though, and she’s now parted ways with the project citing “a lack of respect” from Leroy, according to French newspaper Var-Matin. The restaurant was slated to be open for 50 nights, but Anderson has exited stage left less than 10 days in.

Anderson took to Instagram to share the unfortunate news, writing in a caption, “...This was a labor of love for the Animals-to showcase a sexy vegan experience in my favorite village...It did not meet expectations or agreements- I cannot condone the mistreatment of staff - or complete lack of respect- I’m extremely disappointed in this missed opportunity...”

Assange will just have to think up a new way of campaigning for asylum that doesn’t involve former Baywatch stars serving fine vegan cuisine, apparently.
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov
no avatar
User

Jeff Grossman

Rank

That 'pumpkin' guy

Sat Mar 25, 2006 7:56 am

NYC

Re: Tres Tragique! Pamela Anderson's restaurant closes

by Jeff Grossman » Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:30 pm

Oy vey.
no avatar
User

Barb Downunder

Rank

Wine guru

Wed Mar 18, 2009 6:31 am

by Barb Downunder » Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:17 am

Baywatch!! and here am I thinking it was Babewatch :shock:
no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

by Jenise » Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:43 pm

Barb Downunder wrote:Baywatch!! and here am I thinking it was Babewatch :shock:

More like boobwatch. :)
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov
no avatar
User

Bill Spohn

Rank

He put the 'bar' in 'barrister'

Tue Mar 21, 2006 7:31 pm

Vancouver BC

by Bill Spohn » Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:06 pm

Are you suggesting that the endeavour failed because the wine cellar specialized in big jugs....? :twisted: