Everything about food, from matching food and wine to recipes, techniques and trends.

Did you subscribe to Lucky Peach?

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

Did you subscribe to Lucky Peach?

by Jenise » Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:53 pm

And do you still have your copies of this trendsetting magazine? Then, per an article on eater.com, you might have a little goldmine:

"For context, LP issues cost $12 at newsstands, excluding the flagship issue, which sold for $10. An annual subscription to the magazine cost $28 per year. This means that collecting all 24 issues of LP would have cost $274 at the newsstand and $168 by subscription during its run: That’s a steal considering that a full collection is currently worth between two and seven times its initial value. For the most avid fans seeking pristine copies of each issue, buying individual copies to make a complete Lucky Peach collection costs as much as $1,109.60, total, on eBay (as of this writing). Meanwhile, buying used copies of each issue will cost as little as $499.50."

I bought a few (when I saw them, which was rarely) but never subscribed.
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov
no avatar
User

Bill Spohn

Rank

He put the 'bar' in 'barrister'

Tue Mar 21, 2006 7:31 pm

Vancouver BC

Re: Did you subscribe to Lucky Peach?

by Bill Spohn » Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:57 am

That's crazy.

I can get many issues for under $10.