Everything about food, from matching food and wine to recipes, techniques and trends.

The Colonel says 'FCK'

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Peter May

Rank

Pinotage Advocate

Mon Mar 20, 2006 11:24 am

Snorbens, England

The Colonel says 'FCK'

by Peter May » Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:02 pm

Don't know if this made USA news, but KFC in UK started closing outlets shortly after it changed to a new delivery firm on 14 February, Four days later more than two-thirds of them were closed..

They put a series of apologetic adverts in newspapers, including this one:
KFC-FCK.png

From The Guardian
The “new delivery partner”, otherwise known as the behemoth DHL, took over the KFC logistics contract on Valentine’s Day, alongside Quick Service Logistics (QSL), which has supplied KFC in Europe since 2011. Problems began almost immediately. By 16 February, KFC had started to shut down locations after managers complained of delays to deliveries and by 18 February only 266 of 900 restaurants in the UK were open.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/20 ... -the-brand
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

Rank

Forum Janitor

Fri Feb 17, 2006 1:44 pm

Louisville, KY

Re: The Colonel says 'FCK'

by Robin Garr » Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:51 pm

Speaking from the home of KFC and its corporate umbrella, Yum brands, I can't say Britain is the worse for having less of that nasty industrial stuff. :twisted:
no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

Re: The Colonel says 'FCK'

by Jenise » Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:52 pm

But good for them for the self-deprecating, politically incorrect, ad.
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov