Everything about food, from matching food and wine to recipes, techniques and trends.

Two Rivers Meats

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Bill Spohn

Rank

He put the 'bar' in 'barrister'

Tue Mar 21, 2006 7:31 pm

Vancouver BC

Two Rivers Meats

by Bill Spohn » Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:09 pm

In North Vancouver BC there is a butcher that services a couple of hundred restaurants with meat and poultry. They take orders until 11 or 12 at night and send out the meat to the ordering chef early the next morning They also have lunch counter beside their retail sales counter and are very cooperative in cutting you exactly what you ask for, be it bavette or tomahawk steak.

I asked them if I could get special cuts like saddle of lamb or obtain sweetbreads without preorder and they said no problem.

We visited recently with the local chapter of the International Wine and Food Society and I went back for lunch today with some friends. Obviously, some people (probably husbands) agree to take their family dogs out for a walk and then park them outside the shop while popping in for a dry aged beef burger with tallow fries. Worth a detour.

See https://tworiversmeats.ca/

dogs.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

Re: Two Rivers Meats

by Jenise » Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:25 pm

Amazing story about that couple. From "Living in a yellow school bus...in 2007", to this.

Reminds me that I've got to break down a 16 lb boneless prime grade whole prime rib today. Too bad you don't live closer, I'd invite you over for a steak!
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov
no avatar
User

Bill Spohn

Rank

He put the 'bar' in 'barrister'

Tue Mar 21, 2006 7:31 pm

Vancouver BC

by Bill Spohn » Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:07 pm

I'd have been happy to sharpen and bring my 1930s carbon steel boning knife! :mrgreen:
no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

by Jenise » Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:06 pm

PembertonOIF.jpg

Bill, by the way, one of this butcher's suppliers is Pemberton Meadows. I dined on their beef with the owner at this location in Pemberton itself. Didn't suck.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov