Everything about food, from matching food and wine to recipes, techniques and trends.

Speaking of bakers

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

Speaking of bakers

by Jenise » Thu Mar 28, 2019 2:01 pm

Made baked potatoes for dinner last night. As I was poking the spuds for the oven, I thought about some cook saying each potato needs to be pierced 8 times. No idea how she decided that was the perfect number, but it sounds excessive and I never poke more than twice.

So of course for the first time ever I had a potato blow up on me. DAMN.
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov
no avatar
User

Jeff Grossman

Rank

That 'pumpkin' guy

Sat Mar 25, 2006 7:56 am

NYC

Re: Speaking of bakers

by Jeff Grossman » Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:39 pm

Jenise wrote:Made baked potatoes for dinner last night. As I was poking the spuds for the oven, I thought about some cook saying each potato needs to be pierced 8 times. No idea how she decided that was the perfect number, but it sounds excessive and I never poke more than twice.

So of course for the first time ever I had a potato blow up on me. DAMN.

Ha ha. That'll learn ye.

I've never had it happen to me but I saw it happen to Jay Miller once... what an amazing mess it makes.
no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

Re: Speaking of bakers

by Jenise » Sat Mar 30, 2019 2:17 pm

Indeed it does. Oh, and since the potato was our main course, these were extremely large potatoes so boy was there a lot of it. Will take wallpaper tools and a vacuum to clean it--haven't had the courage yet.
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov