Everything about food, from matching food and wine to recipes, techniques and trends.

When you were a kid, how picky were you?

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Ines Nyby

Rank

Ultra geek

Tue Apr 18, 2006 4:49 pm

Re: When you were a kid, how picky were you?

by Ines Nyby » Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:09 am

Jenise, I'm so happy you had a good visit with the girls! And such a plus that they would eat your wonderful meals~
I'm hopeful that some day those two eldest ones will "discover" food~~for sure I've been trying since they were born.
On the plus side the other 3 grand-kids are much more adventurous and love trying new things. I didn't post about their eating habits because they truly will try anything and enjoy most everything I create.
Haven't posted much here in ages because I'm sooo busy with everything. Who knew "retirement" would mean that there's no time for so many things?
no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

Re: When you were a kid, how picky were you?

by Jenise » Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:32 pm

Ines, with all the grandkids, a retired Type A guy like Kirk to manage and all that property I'm surprised you have time to boil water!

And I'm glad the others are the adventurous types. And that it worked out well here. I've been less nervous cooking for real chefs than I was for those kids. I honestly don't know what kids eat anymore. I also almost didn't realize how much I season with wine until I had to put that on the No Fly List for kiddie cooking. :)
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov
Previous