Everything about food, from matching food and wine to recipes, techniques and trends.

Hexclad update

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Christina Georgina

Rank

Wisconsin Wondercook

Wed Mar 22, 2006 3:37 pm

Hexclad update

by Christina Georgina » Tue May 25, 2021 1:09 pm

Used the 10" skillet last night to make Pommes Anna using some leftover clarified butter used to make a curry sauce for cod cakes.
Easiest PA ever. Nice crispy bottom and edges. Fast and easy release ( almost too quick )and flip for finish. Overall, happy with the skillets. Even though they cook on the sloped sides equally well next time I will layer potatoes only on the flat bottom and use less butter. The 8" breakfast skillet seems to be withstanding the metal assault of husband breakfasts.
Mamma Mia !
no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

Re: Hexclad update

by Jenise » Tue May 25, 2021 1:29 pm

Wonderful news. I really envy your 10". I ordered the 12" believing that was the correct size where the 10" was what I really needed. I use it and like it but now that I have it I realize the 10" size is what I use about 3 times as often. I should get one, huh. Laughed at your husband, too.
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov
no avatar
User

Christina Georgina

Rank

Wisconsin Wondercook

by Christina Georgina » Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:56 pm

Now !6 months since an 8" and 10" purchase and they look like new. My husband uses one or the other every morning and despite cutting bacon with a sharp knife in the pan the non stick surface is untouched [ I do see knife marks on the hexagonal wire surfaces] . The pans have superb conductivity, bottoms and sides. I am still quite happy with these skillets
Mamma Mia !
no avatar
User

Jeff Grossman

Rank

That 'pumpkin' guy

Sat Mar 25, 2006 7:56 am

NYC

by Jeff Grossman » Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:19 am

I'm in the market for a pan, maybe 8", maybe 10", since I ruined a deep-sided Calphalon pan recently. Are the Hexclad pans straight-sided or angled?
no avatar
User

Christina Georgina

Rank

Wisconsin Wondercook

by Christina Georgina » Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:48 am

They are rounded and the entire surface, bottom and sides heats.
Mamma Mia !
no avatar
User

Christina Georgina

Rank

Wisconsin Wondercook

by Christina Georgina » Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:55 am

I believe Hexclad has a large variety of cookware if you are wanting a deeper saute pan. Based on your previous comments about heat used and nonstick implements these will last you a lifetime. Not cheap but well worth it in my estimation.
Mamma Mia !