Everything about food, from matching food and wine to recipes, techniques and trends.

Need new recipes....please!

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Celia

Rank

Village Baker

Fri Mar 24, 2006 10:55 pm

Great Southern Land

Re: Need new recipes....please!

by Celia » Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:33 am

Longwinded...not at all.

You're obviously a very kind person, Tim, thanks.. :) Most people tell me to shut up long before this...

Cheers !
There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle. - Albert Einstein

Fig Jam and Lime Cordial
no avatar
User

TimMc

by TimMc » Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:51 am

celia wrote:
Longwinded...not at all.

You're obviously a very kind person, Tim, thanks.. :) Most people tell me to shut up long before this...

Cheers !

Nah.

I'm told to shut up, and on this very BBS, on a regular basis.

Very helpful post, Celia :D

Thanks.
no avatar
User

Celia

Rank

Village Baker

Great Southern Land

by Celia » Sat Mar 10, 2007 8:05 pm

Tim, something I've just discovered is that you can watch online, for *free*, entire episodes of Julia Child's various cooking shows from her website :
http://www.pbs.org/juliachild/video.html

I've spent the whole weekend in front of the computer ! Am currently trying Madhur Jaffrey's recipe for sweet and sour minty eggplant... :)

Cheers, Celia
There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle. - Albert Einstein

Fig Jam and Lime Cordial
no avatar
User

Gary Barlettano

Rank

Pappone di Vino

Wed Mar 29, 2006 5:50 pm

In a gallon jug far, far away ...

by Gary Barlettano » Sat Mar 10, 2007 8:49 pm

celia wrote:Tim, something I've just discovered is that you can watch online, for *free*, entire episodes of Julia Child's various cooking shows from her website :
http://www.pbs.org/juliachild/video.html

I've spent the whole weekend in front of the computer ! Am currently trying Madhur Jaffrey's recipe for sweet and sour minty eggplant... :)

Cheers, Celia

Thanks a heap, C. I was supposed to be reorganizing my office and then you dangle this in front of me!! I may do the Lidia's mushroom risotta tomorrow.
And now what?
no avatar
User

Celia

Rank

Village Baker

Great Southern Land

by Celia » Sat Mar 10, 2007 8:54 pm

Sorry, love. :) Work is for weekdays, anyway...

Catch you tomorrow in chat. I made bread shaped like a flower yesterday - Joe Ortiz decorative sourdough loaves. Worked a treat !

Fig Jam and Lime Cordial
Previous