Everything about food, from matching food and wine to recipes, techniques and trends.

Chefs Club

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Karen/NoCA

Rank

Hunter/Gatherer

Thu Mar 23, 2006 8:55 pm

Chefs Club

by Karen/NoCA » Fri Aug 20, 2021 11:10 am

Does anyone watch the crazy stuff going on on their videos? Today I did see something more down to earth and a hack I never thought of. Chef put melted butter into two muffin tins. Into each hole went what looked like Yukon Potatoes, the perfect size to fit. About halfway through, he turned the potatoes, which came out perfectly golden. What a great way to cook baked potatoes for a crowd. Most of the stuff I see involves huge amounts of cheese and takes more time than I want to spend in the kitchen these days.
no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

Re: Chefs Club

by Jenise » Fri Aug 20, 2021 1:23 pm

Have never seen this. Is it a You Tube program?

I like the idea of making large quantity fondant potatoes that way. Pretty damned smart.
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov
no avatar
User

Karen/NoCA

Rank

Hunter/Gatherer

Thu Mar 23, 2006 8:55 pm

by Karen/NoCA » Sat Aug 21, 2021 9:29 am

Jenise wrote:Have never seen this. Is it a You Tube program?

I like the idea of making large quantity fondant potatoes that way. Pretty damned smart.

Actually, I have been watching it for years. Not sure where it comes from. I do not purposely go to their site, it comes to me as a pop-up and I like to watch some things. The one with the baked potatoes was especially appealing and why I did not think of that is funny, because I make a bacon, potato, cheese thing in the muffin cups for all our family when they are here. That same episode also had a bork belly being carved apart and put back together that was interesting, then served on top of the potatoes.
no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

by Jenise » Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:52 pm

I also make little gratins in a muffin tin--cream, cheese, garlic and thyme. Wonderful things, and so pretty on the plate because the cheese element insures pretty dark brown edges.

I've also used muffin tins to make individual mac and cheese bites for parties. Always a hit.
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov