Everything about food, from matching food and wine to recipes, techniques and trends.

New granite counter tops! Tell me about maintenance?

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Larry Greenly

Rank

Resident Chile Head

Sun Mar 26, 2006 11:37 am

Albuquerque, NM

Re: New granite counter tops! Tell me about maintenance?

by Larry Greenly » Thu Nov 04, 2021 8:52 pm

My hand turns red as the water gets hotter. :mrgreen:
no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

by Jenise » Thu Nov 04, 2021 8:57 pm

LOL, Larry.
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov
no avatar
User

Karen/NoCA

Rank

Hunter/Gatherer

Thu Mar 23, 2006 8:55 pm

by Karen/NoCA » Mon Nov 08, 2021 1:49 pm

My face turns red the longer my husband leaves the faucet running to wash his cereal bowl. We are in a drought and I have asked him to put dishes in the dishwasher and we can wash them all at the same time. He will not do it.
no avatar
User

Larry Greenly

Rank

Resident Chile Head

Sun Mar 26, 2006 11:37 am

Albuquerque, NM

by Larry Greenly » Mon Nov 08, 2021 3:40 pm

I was in a neighbor's kitchen some years ago listening to her bitch about water prices and telling me that they are very frugal when using water. Meanwhile, the unattended kitchen sink faucet was running full bore. :?
no avatar
User

Barb Downunder

Rank

Wine guru

Wed Mar 18, 2009 6:31 am

by Barb Downunder » Tue Nov 09, 2021 2:10 am

Karen, I feel your pain. I never had a problem with my partner but the wasted water I see sometimes horrifies me. I now live with rainwater tanks as my sole supply, my gran also only had tanks, and we live in dry country so I am personally vigilant about water usage. I can dictate terms in my own home but can do nothing elsewhere. Watching run litres of wayer rinsing a cofffee cup and then it gets put in the dishwasher…. Argghh.
no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

by Jenise » Wed Nov 10, 2021 11:29 am

Karen/NoCA wrote:My face turns red the longer my husband leaves the faucet running to wash his cereal bowl. We are in a drought and I have asked him to put dishes in the dishwasher and we can wash them all at the same time. He will not do it.

Mine, too!!! We don't have a water problem up here, but all the same there's no point in wasting it. He turns on the water full-bore, to use Larry's description, and rinses dishes to go in the dishwasher one at a time. Rinses them so thoroughly they look like they've already been washed. Grrrrr.
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov
Previous