Everything about food, from matching food and wine to recipes, techniques and trends.

Did anyone catch the Manic Organic (Anthony John) on the Discovery Channel

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Karen/NoCA

Rank

Hunter/Gatherer

Thu Mar 23, 2006 8:55 pm

Did anyone catch the Manic Organic (Anthony John) on the Discovery Channel

by Karen/NoCA » Wed Feb 21, 2007 1:58 pm

yesterday? He made a - "stacked tomato and goat's cheese salad with ancho chili dressing". I've looked all over that channel and it seems they don't put his recipes up for print. Food Network does not have permisson to put his recipes on their Canada site.
no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

Re: Did anyone catch the Manic Organic (Anthony John) on the Discovery Channel

by Jenise » Thu Feb 22, 2007 12:55 pm

Never heard of the show, Karen. Is it a Canadian show?
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov
no avatar
User

Karen/NoCA

Rank

Hunter/Gatherer

Thu Mar 23, 2006 8:55 pm

Re: Did anyone catch the Manic Organic (Anthony John) on the Discovery Channel

by Karen/NoCA » Thu Feb 22, 2007 9:17 pm

Manic Organic is on the Canadian Food Network, but I believe the farm (on the show) is actually in OR. I emailed a Manic Organic farm in Rhode Island but it is the wrong farm. The Manic Organic Farm that did this show, lost a roof due to snow, on one of their barns. The community had a roof rising and I think this show was in honor of that effort. They are not a scheduled show.....so it was probably a guest show. I did not see it either......a neighbor told me about it and was so taken by the stacked salad. The tomatoes were actually fried for just a few seconds on each side before stacking. The stack sat on something edible, but she can't recall what it was. Mesclun was put between the tomatoes. The chef molded the goat cheese between two teaspoons to form an oval, and placed on top of the stack. She said it was a beautiful presentation.