Everything about food, from matching food and wine to recipes, techniques and trends.

Wish me luck, gang

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Bob Ross

Rank

Wine guru

Sun Mar 26, 2006 10:39 pm

Franklin Lakes, NJ

Re: Wish me luck, gang

by Bob Ross » Fri Feb 23, 2007 3:28 pm

Welcome back Larry. Great news. :)
no avatar
User

Larry Greenly

Rank

Resident Chile Head

Sun Mar 26, 2006 11:37 am

Albuquerque, NM

by Larry Greenly » Sat Feb 24, 2007 11:11 am

Enough about me! :oops: What do you think about me?

Since I wasn't supposed to drive or work yesterday, I managed to milk a ride with my publisher to a monthly book co-op meeting at a buffet restaurant. And he even paid for the meal! The food, for a buffet restaurant, was not bad at all.

All 50 or 60 of us stood up and introduced ourselves. I informed the group that I was the literary editor of albuquerqueARTS, the president of SouthWest Writers, and the father of Anna Nicole Smith's daughter.

When I get the money from her estate, I will spread some around to those who have been nice to me on FLDG. And I'm supposing a couple hundred million bucks will soothe my wife's hurt feelings about my infidelity with a Playmate.
no avatar
User

Celia

Rank

Village Baker

Fri Mar 24, 2006 10:55 pm

Great Southern Land

by Celia » Sat Feb 24, 2007 3:04 pm

...and the father of Anna Nicole Smith's daughter.

When I get the money from her estate, I will spread some around to those who have been nice to me on FLDG. And I'm supposing a couple hundred million bucks will soothe my wife's hurt feelings about my infidelity with a Playmate.

Yep, he's baaaaack ! :) Glad it all went well, Larry !

Cheers, Celia

PS. I made focaccia with my leftover dough
There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle. - Albert Einstein

Fig Jam and Lime Cordial
no avatar
User

Larry Greenly

Rank

Resident Chile Head

Sun Mar 26, 2006 11:37 am

Albuquerque, NM

by Larry Greenly » Sun Feb 25, 2007 9:40 am

Foccacia...mmmm. Sometimes I use rosemary and olive oil on top. What topping did you use?
no avatar
User

Celia

Rank

Village Baker

Fri Mar 24, 2006 10:55 pm

Great Southern Land

by Celia » Sun Feb 25, 2007 8:50 pm

Larry, usually just EVOO and sea salt, though sometimes garlic, or even the leftover EVOO marinade from the fetta.

I make at least two batches of plain focaccia a week (oil and salt only) as it's our staple sandwich bread for school lunches at the moment. Recipe I use is one of Dan Lepard's, and it's very good - uses a mix of sourdough starter and yeast, which means it can be made in about 4.5 hours rather than the usual eight. :)
There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle. - Albert Einstein

Fig Jam and Lime Cordial
Previous