Everything about food, from matching food and wine to recipes, techniques and trends.

Jenise - Vancouver ideas

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

John F

Rank

Ultra geek

Sat May 20, 2006 3:50 am

Jenise - Vancouver ideas

by John F » Wed Jun 01, 2022 12:48 am

Jenise

We are heading into Vancouver tomorrow after a few days in Banff. We have a wedding this weekend in Vancouver. Any must do things? Any must do restaurants???

Thanks in advance!!

John
no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

Re: Jenise - Vancouver ideas

by Jenise » Thu Jun 02, 2022 11:20 am

John, I didn't see this message until this morning. Hopefully you're already having a great time. Because of the pandemic I'm not as 'up' on Van dining as I used to be, but I checked the Eater Hot 39 list and it's pretty damned accurate. Includes places I know, love and would recommend and places I'm dying to go to, IOW. I've been to Blue Water, Autostrada, Chambar, Hawksworth, Forage, Bao Bei, Fat Mao Noodle and Maenam, and recommend them all. The pictures and descriptions give you a pretty accurate idea of what's on offer.

Here: https://www.eater.com/maps/best-vancouv ... -bc-canada

Where are you staying?
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov
no avatar
User

John F

Rank

Ultra geek

Sat May 20, 2006 3:50 am

by John F » Fri Jun 03, 2022 8:19 am

We are staying at the the Westin by the water…. And exploring all over! We went to Maenam and a couple of killer ramen places…. And was thinking dumplings today for lunch…..thanks so much for sending the link and list!
no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

by Jenise » Sat Jun 04, 2022 12:48 pm

John, happy dining! The Westin Bayshore is fairly nice. They've kept it up--hard to believe that Howard Hughes holed up there for a year or something, way back when.
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov
no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

by Jenise » Sat Jun 04, 2022 2:30 pm

Btw, aren't the Asian foods great? I could live on Asian noodle-things.