Everything about food, from matching food and wine to recipes, techniques and trends.

Hugs for Karen!!!

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

Hugs for Karen!!!

by Jenise » Wed Aug 03, 2022 8:02 pm

Hey all, I know she's not going to say anything publicly, and I apologize to her for not getting her permission to say something about it in advance, but when one is grieving who doesn't need hugs, even the virtual kind?

Yesterday morning the love of Karen's life, Gene, passed away. It was obviously a very long and successful marriage. Their three children and many grandchildren will be with her in the coming days but I know she considers the FLDG a refuge of sorts, as many of us do, and the next time she comes in I'd like her to know how much we care.

So Karen, dear, here's a hug.
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

Rank

Forum Janitor

Fri Feb 17, 2006 1:44 pm

Louisville, KY

Re: Hugs for Karen!!!

by Robin Garr » Wed Aug 03, 2022 8:07 pm

Oh, Karen, a caring hug for you, and wishing you peace and strength as you and your family go through this.
no avatar
User

Christina Georgina

Rank

Wisconsin Wondercook

Wed Mar 22, 2006 3:37 pm

by Christina Georgina » Thu Aug 04, 2022 5:19 am

Karen,
Your love of cooking for your family is obvious and your posts often referred to Gene’s food preferences. May cooking his favorites now be a blessing to his memory. Sending you a long hug with great sorrow for your loss.
Mamma Mia !
no avatar
User

Barb Downunder

Rank

Wine guru

Wed Mar 18, 2009 6:31 am

by Barb Downunder » Thu Aug 04, 2022 6:29 am

Dear Karen So sorry for your loss.
Big hugs from downunder.
no avatar
User

Jo Ann Henderson

Rank

Mealtime Maven

Fri Feb 16, 2007 9:34 am

Seattle, WA USA

by Jo Ann Henderson » Thu Aug 04, 2022 12:45 pm

I know the importance of a life-long partner with whom you have shared many firsts and unforgettable memories. I can't imagine the hole left in your life and heart when one of them departs. My deepest sympathies, prayers and condolences to you and yours, dear heart. Be well, as best you can as you lean into one another.
Jo
"...To undersalt deliberately in the name of dietary chic is to omit from the music of cookery the indispensable bass line over which all tastes and smells form their harmonies." -- Robert Farrar Capon
no avatar
User

Karen/NoCA

Rank

Hunter/Gatherer

Thu Mar 23, 2006 8:55 pm

by Karen/NoCA » Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:21 am

Thank you so much, very kind words and much appreciated.