Everything about food, from matching food and wine to recipes, techniques and trends.

Oh man was this good….

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

John F

Rank

Ultra geek

Sat May 20, 2006 3:50 am

Oh man was this good….

by John F » Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:46 pm

no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

Re: Oh man was this good….

by Jenise » Mon Aug 08, 2022 4:42 pm

If only I liked yoghurt....
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov
no avatar
User

John F

Rank

Ultra geek

Sat May 20, 2006 3:50 am

by John F » Mon Aug 08, 2022 5:09 pm

No yoghurt? That is definition of hell to me

When is last time you tried it? Do you like sour cream?
no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

by Jenise » Mon Aug 08, 2022 5:26 pm

John, since childhood, I have had an aversion to cold/white/creamy food. I quit drinking milk at age four and grew up without ice cream, yoghurt, mayo plain or otherwise, ranch dressing, sauce of any kind on a sandwich or burger except for mustard, cake frosting, custard, puddings or even cheese on my pizza. I am probably the only adult you know who has never put a spoonful of whipped cream in her mouth. Though I've recovered somewhat and now love cheese on my pizza, the rest is fairly situational. I still don't like food that wiggles. It's a texture issue, a phobia, and much as I want to be that person who loves and eats everything, I just can't. My stomach turns over before I can stop it. And the last time I had yoghurt was homemade frozen yoghurt at a friend's home. I thought I was served ice cream which is now okay with me, but the sour thing came thru loud and clear as yoghurt. HATED IT. I can add it to hot sauces, though, like in Indian food. But cold, it won't happen.
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov
no avatar
User

Dale Williams

Rank

Compassionate Connoisseur

Tue Mar 21, 2006 4:32 pm

Dobbs Ferry, NY (NYC metro)

by Dale Williams » Tue Aug 09, 2022 10:45 am

I think we did this a few years ago, we should revisit
While I don't love sweet stuff, the pomegranite molasses is pretty useful (lots of Ottolenghi recipes)/