Everything about food, from matching food and wine to recipes, techniques and trends.

Crime Scene Kitchen ….

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Barb Downunder

Rank

Wine guru

Wed Mar 18, 2009 6:31 am

Crime Scene Kitchen ….

by Barb Downunder » Sun Aug 21, 2022 4:32 am

So I was trolling through free-to-air channels for something to stream and came across Crime Scene Kitchen,…..yer another ‘hook’ to hang a cooking competition on. Good grief. I’d never heard of it so Watched a couple of episodes…ho hum. If you don’t know Teams of 2 get 2 minutes to investigate a kitchen where the mystery dish had been prepared then have to recreate what they thought it was.
Like a hybrid of bake-off and Agatha Christie.
And blow me down, one of the judges is the increasingly ubiquitous Curtis Stone. Is the man ever at his restaurants?
What else is out there I wonder (briefly)?
If you haven’t seen it you’re not missing much.
no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

Re: Crime Scene Kitchen ….

by Jenise » Sun Aug 21, 2022 9:57 am

I haven't heard of this one! Sounds kind of ridiculous.

I saw commercials for more new shows this weekend, including one hosted by Bobby Flay called Triple Threat in which Brooke Williamson, Tiffany Derry and Michael Voltaggio are somehow going to be competing. But talk about ubiquitous chefs never in their restuarants--Brooke is suddenly EVERYWHERE. I'm starting to hate her. And the other two aren't exactly in hiding either.
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov