Everything about food, from matching food and wine to recipes, techniques and trends.

Recipe Report: Honey-mint-scallion marinated lamb steak

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Bill Spencer

Rank

Ultra geek

Wed Mar 22, 2006 1:03 pm

Yuma, Arizona

Recipe Report: Honey-mint-scallion marinated lamb steak

by Bill Spencer » Sat Apr 07, 2007 12:33 pm

%^)

OH

MY

GAWD !

This IS a lamb recipe "to die for !" The ingredients were easy to find ... the paste/sauce was easy to make ... grilled on my charcoal Weber over a hot fire, lid on, for 30 minutes just like Jenise said ... tented and sat for 10 mintues before slicing into 3/8 inch pieces across the grain ... ended up between medium-rare and medium - perfect ... served with scalloped potatoes, salad, and whole garlic bread ... "washed" it down with a great 2004 San Marcos Creek Vineyards Merlot Paso Robles ... ate WAY too much, both of us ... flavors of the marinade integrated perfectly with the flavor of the lamb ...

Can't wait to serve this to company ! Yet ANOTHER FLDG recipe that has become a permanent part of our bulging recipe binder ...

If you haven't tried this and are a lamb lover, you just HAVE to try this !

OH

MY

GAWD !

Clink !

%^)
"If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went !" - Anonymous

Napa is for auto parts, Paso is for wine !

Bill Spencer (Arizona Wine Lover)

Lemon Recipes - http://www.associatedcitrus.com/recipes.html
no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

Re: Recipe Report: Honey-mint-scallion marinated lamb steak

by Jenise » Sun Apr 08, 2007 2:39 pm

Bill, you doll, thanks so much for reporting back. I'm thrilled that my recipe worked out so spectacularly for you. It certainly renewed my interest in grilling boneless legs of lamb, something I'd gotten away from in recent years for no particular reason.
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov