Everything about food, from matching food and wine to recipes, techniques and trends.

Cooking club of America?

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Maria Samms

Rank

Picky Eater Pleaser

Thu Dec 28, 2006 8:42 pm

Morristown, NJ

Cooking club of America?

by Maria Samms » Mon Apr 09, 2007 8:25 pm

Hey everyone,

I am not sure if anyone else ever heard of them, but this is the 2nd time "Cooking Club of America" has sent me a magnet, blank recipe cards, and a pasta portioner. They say for $1.00 a month you can join their club and they will send you free kitchen appliances to try, fill out surveys on, then keep. Has anyone had any experience with them? I wouldn't be able to join now, but maybe sometime in the future. I wasn't sure if it was some kind of scam or not.
"Wine makes daily living easier, less hurried, with fewer tensions and more tolerance" -Benjamin Franklin
no avatar
User

Bob Ross

Rank

Wine guru

Sun Mar 26, 2006 10:39 pm

Franklin Lakes, NJ

Re: Cooking club of America?

by Bob Ross » Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:15 pm

There's quite a bit of negative comment on this outfit, Maria; see for example this thread on Epinions.

The company itself started out as a hunting club, started a magazine, then gained lots of credibility through an affiliation with the PGA. They claim to have three million members with six or seven interest groups, including the cooking club.

It might be worthwhile considering but read the fine print at each decision point.

Regards Bob