Everything about food, from matching food and wine to recipes, techniques and trends.

RCP: Sorbet de framboisse (raspberry sorbet)

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Howard

Rank

Ultra geek

Wed Mar 22, 2006 11:57 am

Chicago

RCP: Sorbet de framboisse (raspberry sorbet)

by Howard » Tue May 08, 2007 11:19 am

Doesn't get any simpler than this yet I got as many comments on this as anything I made for the dinner.

1 pound fresh or frozen raspberries. (the fresh ones looked terrible so I used frozen)
6 tablespoons sugar
2/3 cup water

In a medium saucepan, combine the sugar and water, then bring to a boil, stirring to dissolve the sugar. Set aside to cool to room temp.

In a food processor, puree the berries. Add the cooled sugar syrup. Pass the mixture through a sieve or food mill. Transfer to ice cream maker and freeze.

I served this between the walk around appetizers and the sitdown main courses. It worked well to demarcate the time so people would sit down for their meal. Very very refreshing.
Howard
no avatar
User

Cynthia Wenslow

Rank

Pizza Princess

Mon Mar 27, 2006 9:32 pm

The Third Coast

Re: RCP: Sorbet de framboisse (raspberry sorbet)

by Cynthia Wenslow » Wed May 09, 2007 10:28 am

This is going on my weekend "to make" list.

I very much like the idea of using it to help move people toward the main meal in a timely fashion.
no avatar
User

Howard

Rank

Ultra geek

Wed Mar 22, 2006 11:57 am

Chicago

Re: RCP: Sorbet de framboisse (raspberry sorbet)

by Howard » Wed May 09, 2007 11:10 am

The timing's a funny thing. You want people to enjoy the socializing but after a while, it's time to get moving or they'll fill up on the appetizers and the main courses will go untouched. This seemed to work pretty well for us. I had debated about using this after the main courses and before the cheeses but Sandy suggested this way. I think this was better.
Howard